Unofficial Modification of the Month Nomination Thread - April 2013

shamus said:
Isn't the point of this thread specific modifications?

That was the hope, but I didn't want to lock it down too much. We'll see what the voters have to say about it?

VonYinzer said:
??? ??? ???

Who did that?

You did! Haha.. And the Ural back there. Both awesome bikes and likely winners of a few of these mod threads, but pick something specific.

Read what I wrote fella. Cut two bikes apart. Weld the front half of one to the rear of another to create a different bike. Pretty serious mod if ya ask me. ;)

Damn, some great work going on around here. Most of it makes me want to pack up that damn kickstand and go home. I kinda feel like that kid at the playground that shows up with his new pedal powered big wheel, only to look over and see a turbo charged gang of internal combustion powered big wheels already there.

Great stuff folks.

VonYinzer said:
Read what I wrote fella. Cut two bikes apart. Weld the front half of one to the rear of another to create a different bike. Pretty serious mod if ya ask me. ;)

My bad, Mike. The way I read it was that he had a bike + a donor. Didn't get the mod you were referring to.

Yeah. I'm not good with words. Ha. Honestly, I should have explained the specific mod in more detail.

Ok you want specifics. Whitedragoon took an alternator off of a Japanese car and machined it to fit on his Ural engine where the stock stator was fit.

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=44998.msg518498#msg518498

These are all just growing pains this is a new idea it will take a few weeks to run well. if nothing else it will be a good reference for new guys to see what is poss. if you force your self to solve a problem in a in a creative fashion. i mean lets be honest im not gonna check the majority of the cb builds some one else may hate 2 strokes haha or me. thats a hell of a reason not to see different ways of doing something.

Re: Re: Unofficial Modification of the Month Nomination Thread - April 2013

bradj said:
These are all just growing pains this is a new idea it will take a few weeks to run well. if nothing else it will be a good reference for new guys to see what is poss. if you force your self to solve a problem in a in a creative fashion. i mean lets be honest im not gonna check the majority of the cb builds some one else may hate 2 strokes haha or me. thats a hell of a reason not to see different ways of doing something.

Don't worry, you'll watch the 400f build...:'(

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

This thread is a great idea if it can get going. It gives credit to the hard work and ingenuity that goes into a few of the bikes built on here vs BOTM which has most people voting for whatever is the "SHINIEST"

Re: Re: Unofficial Modification of the Month Nomination Thread - April 2013

reds said:
This thread is a great idea if it can get going. It gives credit to the hard work and ingenuity that goes into a few of the bikes built on here vs BOTM which has most people voting for whatever is the "SHINIEST"

I don't understand why some of you guys are bent out of shape about that bike - guy clearly put a tremendous amount of work in.

Rich Ard said:
I don't understand why some of you guys are bent out of shape about that bike - guy clearly put a tremendous amount of work in.
Listen Rich Ard, can I call you Dick?
Maybe you should read in the nomination thread. Gave him thumbs up, but said I hope it gets ridden. And hopefully more than it gets photographed! I can see what has had thought and work put into it. Some people can put a ton of work into a bike and it looks like shit, no flow and trying to cram too many ideas instead of a simple clean bike.
What my comment was more directed to was bikes with nothing more than simple and direct bolt on parts making a clone of every other bike. Very little personalization or custom touches but all people see is "Shiny". Maybe it's hard work for someone that's never held a wrench before, but I don't see how that puts you on the podium. It's like, just because you did a commercial, doesn't mean you should get an Oscar. It is what it is. The nerds are taking over. I'm not gonna cry myself to sleep over it or start cutting myself.
Any big bike or car show will usually have a peoples choice award, But the people who run these events know that most people don't know what they are looking at and therefore will vote for the "flashy" "shiny" one cuz their simple sheep brains are drawn to them. So what they do is assemble a panel of professional judges who can see sand marks in bondo, orange peel in paint and pick out and apart the craftsmanship put into that ride.

Anyways, I don't go and knock anybodies bikes on here unless there just looking to be internet famous build a chopper today , a cafe tomorrow. wow, look at that I won a trophy 8), a feature in iron and air 8) and my bikes on bikef.com 8) better post the bike on ebay With a $20000 reserve for a $5000 bike that's got a tired motor cuz the build was about how it looked vs how it runs and how safe it is. And even then most people on here see right through them. Especially Bradj!!

So there! Are we good there Dick? ;)

You guys are why we can't have anything nice.

Grab a beer. Chill the fuck out. Nominate a mod. Second it.

reds said:
And even then most people on here see right through them. Especially Bradj!!
yea but im also one of the most ignored and disliked members on dtt becouse of it
this is my favorit thread on dtt i want it to work you will get no fight out of me

Back
Top Bottom