Buy a Ducati Monster - Last Chance

Sonreir

Oregon
DTT SUPPORTER
Sounds like those of us currently sitting on our air cooled Monsters may be in for a bit of a treat in the next couple of decades. Ducati is ceasing production on all air cooled Monster models. Starting in 2015, all Monsters will be liquid cooled. Get 'em while they last, folks.

Sold my monster when I was hit by an ambulance car last summer.oh man that hurt...
Selling it... :)

Great bikes with a lot of soul!

Love my 695, but I've had it almost a year and I'm kinda used to the power now. Maybe an S2R is in my future...

I have a '08 Ducati Sport 1000 that I have had for 4 years now. Its a blast to ride! Only thing is I live in Charleston SC and we have ZERO riding around here so the bike doesn't get ridden as it should/intended. I was always on the fence about selling it because they bring so much money these days, but I've talked myself out of it. They don't make them anymore and hell who knows, maybe when I'm 60 it will be worth 60k...That's about 23 years from now. I'll let y'all know!

I was in the dealer with cash to buy a 08 SC.
Dealer was a jerk and I left.
Kick myself now looking at prices

mwm1977 said:
Only thing is I live in Charleston SC and we have ZERO riding around here so the bike doesn't get ridden as it should/intended.
What?

I had/sold an S2R800, one of the best bikes I ever owned. Been keeping my eye out lately for another....

Attachments

• 100_0153.jpg
    100_0153.jpg
    662.1 KB · Views: 244
Tron sent the prices of Sport Classics soaring. In reality, they are very uncomfortable to ride. I've sat on one, you need gorilla arms to ride it.

Ducks are so classic and timeless. Even the new ones have great styling compared to same year honda bullets with all the plastic fairing etc. that look outdated in 4-5 years. Ducks hold thier style. Its the type of bike that we will see in a old diner on display when us guys are 90 years old.

Sonreir said:
Sounds like those of us currently sitting on our air cooled Monsters may be in for a bit of a treat in the next couple of decades. Ducati is ceasing production on all air cooled Monster models. Starting in 2015, all Monsters will be liquid cooled. Get 'em while they last, folks.

My favorite Ducati engine is probably an two valve air cooled twin. When the 1100 was being discontinued I got serious about finding one. But... well, long story short... this is what I ended up taking home.

monster1200s.png

When I first saw the 1200 I had zero interest in buying one. Too much stuff. Coolant hoses, electronics, yadda yadda yadda. BUT... I've got to say. No aircooled Ducati has ever made me say "holy shit" when I rolled on the throttle. This thing did. Literally. And then the giggling started.

A year ago I was a died in the wool air cooled fan. I own a couple water cooled Ducatis (a 907 and a 996) but the aircooled bikes were my favorite. This thing changed all that. I still love aircooled Ducatis but there's a new kid in town, and DAMN. I haven't been this excited about a new bike in years.

The classic air cooled Monster will always have it's appeal but water cooling isn't the death knell of the line. Never say never guys. Last winter I would never have believed I'd own a water cooled monster within a year. No way. But there it is.

Minus the rear guard or what ever its called that is a sexy bike !

Back
Top Bottom