h2 racer kawayamazuki!

trevor

DTT BOTM WINNER
i should have started this thread here about 12 months ago when i started the build but i've been spending more time in the garage than on the computer. here's my project anyway.
i started out with a pile of 1974 h2 and an fz 600.
dec09030.jpg

fzr002.jpg

i had this mocked up for a while but just wasnt feeling it.
feb10004.jpg

i picked up an 88 fzr 1000 doner with the plans to use the bigger forks, 17" front wheel and the wider rear wheel and swing arm.
just a few mods to fit the triple clamps
P1280035.jpg

P1280046.jpg

with a bit milled off the ends and a little bore to fit the bearing the swingarm fit right in. the rear of the frame will still need to be modified to fit though.
here it is with the fzr parts in.
P1290051.jpg

next was fitting the mono shock that i picked up at a swop meet for 10 bucks
i cut off the bottom part, cut it in half and welded it on the top.
h2fzr016.jpg

tires001.jpg

a few mods for chain allignment. got an offset front sprocket along with a spacer and milled a bit off the rear hub.
tires005.jpg

tires003.jpg

i wasnt sold on the seat/tail section either. i went through a few settling on this bimota seat.
P2010009.jpg

bimotaseat.jpg

next was the frame. i picked up some steel tube and a conduit bender from work and made it look like this.

frame019.jpg

frame023.jpg

frame018.jpg

blah blah blah, rearsets
tach004.jpg

gauges,
tach015.jpg

lights,
tach014.jpg

and pipes!
P6190044.jpg

and now the tank. i added these flush mount aircraft caps and incorperated an oil reservoir under the gas tank with the filler going down through the gas tank.
P9240017.jpg

P9250023.jpg

P9290025.jpg

PA300019.jpg

PC0900082.jpg

here it is with a new front fender and some primer on the tank and tail. these are my most recent pics and how it looks today. hopefully off to paint and powder this week.
PC0900062.jpg

PC090004.jpg

PC090006.jpg

if you're not bored yet, keep reading. the engine is a whole other storey!
3 new wossner pistons, some big beefy rods,
jan2011039.jpg

new tmx carbs
jan2011048.jpg

and custom reeds! from my genius brother inlaw!
reeds003.jpg

reeds006.jpg

tach001.jpg

P5140015.jpg

so thats it so far. any other progress will be posted as i go. its a little late for me to make any big changes but i'd still like to hear your oppinions on the build.

cheers!

Re: h2 racer kawayamazuki!

I love this thing! My only suggestion would be to put on a single headlight, a big round one would look sweet, but thats my view, it's the way you like it. Keep pluggin along, itll be awesome!

wow.. looks great. this is gonna be one hell of a bike.... do you have any more pics of the mono shock up? im thinking about doing something similar with a seca II swing arm on a rd350 and trying to get some visuals on how to mount it up

thanks guys!
i`ve had a few buddies say they didnt like the 2 head lights but changed their minds when they seen it in final mock up. it would be an easy change, but I like em!

hey Ryanbfast, sounds like a cool project. heres a pic of the top mount for the shock. i made a cross peice of tube and a couple tabs welded on the bottom after i set the ride height and shock angle. hope that helps a bit.
P9290027.jpg

My favorite bike in the world(I've had 5 H2's and 3 H1's). Nothing to suggest at all. You're quite the craftsman. I built a similar bike using fzr front, swinarm, wheels.---nice package. I do have 2 questions for you though:

1. Where do you live?
and
2. Do you lock your doors?

I hope you can take a joke. Love the scooters in background also. Good luck. Post running pics when done!

oh, another thing. Does your brother n law have any other sisters needing married off? Or I'll trade you my brother n law.

nice job.....good luck,
joe@ vcycle
www.joesvcycle.com

Love the reed cage work your gonna have a bear by the ass

caferoyale said:
My favorite bike in the world(I've had 5 H2's and 3 H1's). Nothing to suggest at all. You're quite the craftsman. I built a similar bike using fzr front, swinarm, wheels.---nice package. I do have 2 questions for you though:

1. Where do you live?
and
2. Do you lock your doors?

I hope you can take a joke. Love the scooters in background also. Good luck. Post running pics when done!

lol, i`m in london ontario and on occasion i`ve left the garage door unlocked. feel free to stop by. I`d like you to meet my dogs. they will be here to greet you.
SevenNixie.jpg

3.jpg

i`m a triple addict as well. i have 3 h2`s and had an h1 and kh400. my 2 stroke obsession started with the scooters. heres a couple i have.
1970 Lambretta jet 200

scoots040.jpg

1957 lambretta tv 175

IMG_7596.jpg

and my lambretta drag racer
scoots020.jpg

jult1809_022.jpg

and a little vid for ya. so far i`m doing 14`s at 85mph on 10" tires!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSceZtCxQbU

Lookin' good Trev! You've made good progress! 8)

those valves are awesome, you're going to get yourself hurt with this bike, and I dig it ;D

hoping its done for one of the ktc meets this summer ? hope to be bringing my h2 up for a lil visit

Back
Top Bottom