Barber 2015

well obviously my name isn't Mike, but I'll be there to keep up the dark beer ratio at least. Or at least bring some good taste to the pbr swilling masses :)

Anyone recall the official rules for pit bikes there? Seems they are a bit more strict than mid o but I can't recall

I think they just enforced helmets last year. Dudes were going around with bicycle helmets to be legal.

Folks were riding regular dirtbikes with no lights at all last year, just had lids and like I said foam bike helmets seemed to pass the min standard lol

I have seen several in the past without any lighting at all. Can't say that it is by the books within the rules though. The service road around the track (same that the trams carry peopled around) is actually a public road. That means all state and local laws apply, including lights. Maybe they will turn a blind eye to those type things again this year.......or maybe not.

That's kinda what I'm wondering about. Was thinking I saw regular dirt bikes on the road so long as helmets are on. But don't wanna bring a truckload of pit bikes down if they will be grounded from commute inside the loop

Mr.E said:
That's kinda what I'm wondering about. Was thinking I saw regular dirt bikes on the road so long as helmets are on. But don't wanna bring a truckload of pit bikes down if they will be grounded from commute inside the loop

Your bikes just get people into trouble. ;)

What do you guys usually do during the day while the rest of us race around the track?

Stay on site or off site at a hotel?

redwillissuperman said:
What do you guys usually do during the day while the rest of us race around the track?

There's something called "beer" which I hear helps pass the time...

redwillissuperman said:

Stay on site or off site at a hotel?

During the day lots of us are hanging out at the DTT tents in the Ace Corner (we've been a part of it since the beginning) and of course swarming the swap meet looking for treasures. Milling around like all the others, watching the races etc.

For lodging, it's a real mix. Lots of folks do camp on site, but those sites go quick. Lots of hotels in the area, but many are booked months in advance (I book mine in November for the following October as the event happens the same 2nd weekend of October every year and hotels can usually be cancelled w/no penalty).

They say bikes must be street legal to make the loop, but, there's too many to enforce it. Pit/dirt bikes run rampant. Pops usually takes an old Montesa trials bike to cruise around on.

I think as long as you're not being an asshole they let it go. Man I am going to miss everybody this year.

Maritime said:
I think as long as you're not being an asshole they let it go. Man I am going to miss everybody this year.
You too, holmes. I'm bringing of box of ACIDs too. You sure you can't find a way?

I wish but I just got 2 more weeks of bed rest from my incision not healing over in one spot on my foot so they put a vac dressing on it to get it to heal, 2 more weeks with foot on pillows above my heart before I get my walking cast, then it is weeks of re-hab.

Maritime said:

Agreed. :-\ :'(

Back
Top Bottom