71 cb175 (shes alive)

-Max-

Hey guys. Been on this site for a while now and finally got around to posting. Been working on my bike for a minute now and back and forth ideas this is what I have so far. Still need to blast the motor and hubs, and well as re-lace the wheels. Finished pounding my tank out, but still need to move the tank tabs up about an inch so the tank will sit a bit higher. Lately I have been shopping for parts online for all the electrical, and should be ready to start paint and re-assembly pretty soon. Gotta say the $50 thread is awesome, and i really love all the ideas that get thrown around in here. Keep up the good work fellas.

Heres when I first got it
IMG_0016.jpg

After I pounded the tank out, and clean 30 years of dirt off the frame
IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

With seat and fenders, gives you a more finished idea
photo-2.jpg

photo-1.jpg

-Max

Re: 71 cb175

Lookin' good man, those dents look like they're done well. Welcome aboard!

Meanwhile, love all the music gear hanging around. I only play the tenor horn, but wouldn't mind getting a set of drums someday.

Cheers - boingk

rocket man mask looks awesome. the build does also. 175 are great little bikes. i still have a bit of work to do but soon enough it will get done. welcome to the family

Curbcast said:
Looking good. Whats your reason for a higher tank?

Just for aesthetics. I was playing around with the tank position and liked how it looked sitting just a bit higher.

Lookin good so far. Any ideas about what you are going to do about a seat? Just might have to watch how a new seat would meet up with a higher tank. And something else about lifting the back of the tank, make sure that gas is gonna be able to get to the petcock. Not a big deal with a full tank though.

Gotta love those 175's!

Edit:
I've gotta get my eyes checked. Feel free to laugh at my expense.... seats too dark on my cell phone.

SWEET anti gravity wheelset!!

ive been looking for those for forever! ;) ;)

Rocan said:
SWEET anti gravity wheelset!!

ive been looking for those for forever! ;) ;)

Naaaa, he's just got it propped up on that sweet blue belly fairing.

I hear ya man. I thought the peanut gallery up above might have discouraged you!

Big R said:
I hear ya man. I thought the peanut gallery up above might have discouraged you!

Oh its all good man, I can handle a few hecklers. I also fell in love with this picture of a bike I saw and its got me second guessing my direction.

I love the look of this bike and might take a few stylistic cues.
flat_cracker_9.jpg

If you had short shorts & velocity stacks on those carbs. Long rides might be quite exciting! Thats a cool bike!

-Max- said:
Oh its all good man, I can handle a few hecklers. I also fell in love with this picture of a bike I saw and its got me second guessing my direction.

I love the look of this bike and might take a few stylistic cues.
flat_cracker_9.jpg

Theres an old issue (maybe 4 or 5 months ago) of The Horse magazine that has a full writeup and photo shoot with that bike. Really killer. My buddy has a 74 cb360 that may end up getting a similar treatment.

VonYinzer said:
Theres an old issue (maybe 4 or 5 months ago) of The Horse magazine that has a full writeup and photo shoot with that bike. Really killer. My buddy has a 74 cb360 that may end up getting a similar treatment.
Thanks for the info man, ill try and find more info about it online.

Had a day off so I decided to try and get some work done. Cleaned my hubs and gave them a coat of paint, they came out pretty good thanks to the $50 thread. Should be getting the wheels laced this week, and the i can get back to having a rolling chassis.
securedownload-1.jpg

securedownload.jpg

Real glossy stuff man. I can't tell, but are there little specks of something on the front hub or is it the picture?

Big R said:
Real glossy stuff man. I can't tell, but are there little specks of something on the front hub or is it the picture?

Yeah, Its has these pits that I couldnt sand out and cause its directly under the light you can see every little flaw. All in all im pretty happy with how they look in person.

Got this in the mail the other day. $30 off ebay shipped.
securedownload-1-1.jpg

And got these done today. Im excited to have a rolling chassis again
securedownload-2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom