71 cb175 (shes alive)

Re: 71 cb175

Ran into a bizarre problem today with my turn signals. After some trouble shooting and some ground issues i got all the lights to work, but could not get my turns to blink. What ever side i put the indicator on that corresponding side would just stay lit but not flash. Could this be an issue with the flasher relay? I also have to add that i only have the rear turn signals hooked up, dont know if that has anything to so with it.

-Max- said:
Ran into a bizarre problem today with my turn signals. After some trouble shooting and some ground issues i got all the lights to work, but could not get my turns to blink. What ever side i put the indicator on that corresponding side would just stay lit but not flash. Could this be an issue with the flasher relay? I also have to add that i only have the rear turn signals hooked up, dont know if that has anything to so with it.

You need both front and rear indicators wired in or the relay will not trigger properly.

gottcha, thats what I was figuring. Well got to go buy some turns. Thanks for the help

Gettin close to trying to fire her up. Just rebuilt the petock and the carbs. Still need to flush the tanks, and finish with the ignition. if anyone has any timing tips im all ears to hear em.

The timing is really easy on these. Assuming the cam chain was installed per the manual of course.

Just out a plug on the boot, hold it to the case, and turn the flywheel by hand. It should spark on the F or T mark (i just cant remember at 3 am). If it's off, just loosen the points plate and rotate it.

Big Rich said:
The timing is really easy on these. Assuming the cam chain was installed per the manual of course.

Just out a plug on the boot, hold it to the case, and turn the flywheel by hand. It should spark on the F or T mark (i just cant remember at 3 am). If it's off, just loosen the points plate and rotate it.

Yeah, thats what the manual says buy im not getting any power to my coil. I need to go through my ignition system and see where the problem is. Thanks for the help

Wohoo, got her running!!!!! Took some time cause I thought I had a bad coil but after lots of test and carb spay she finally turned over. I was so pumped to hear her roar. After tweaking the cabs to get the idle right and double checking my check list of tightened bolts, I got to take her out for a spin. Best feeling ever!!!! Still have a few bugs to work out, clutch feel weird and catches super late, and I also am having a weak spark problem. Any who just hearing her run was a huge lift of spirits. Im sure Ill be asking for some help soon enough. ''search'' has been a god send.

Just a little update: finished my seat. Not bad for my first time around, im pretty happy with it. Also changed out my whole ignition system, coil, condenser and spark plug cables. I decided to go with a Dyna coil and NGK resistor plugs, all that helped me get a much stronger spark. Shes running ok right now, still working out my carb issues. AGHHHH carbs can be a pain, but ever time I fiddle with them I get a better grasp of what im doing Here is a pic of where im at right now.
securedownload-8.jpg

sxecafe said:
Nice kit. All that percussion is making my happy. You a session player? Great looking bike, also!

Thanks man, yeah I was in bands forever and now mainly do session work........works slow right now :-\

Back
Top Bottom