Suzuki usd forks (1000 k2) what spoke wheels may fit

shayne

I have a set of Suzuki gsxr 1000 k2 upside down forks with their original triple clamps.

They are going on a hardtail z650.

Does anyone know someone, or has done something similar before, where they have fitted spoked wheels from any other bike?

Single disc or dual I don't care.

Any Info will gratefuly be received as I can't much on the net other than bespoke custom made rims at a huge cost.

I used a Katana axle then made adapter sleeves to fit forks.
Used stock Honda CB wheels.
You'll probably need a CB500~750 if your keeping 19" front
Did you check the length?
All the GSXR 750/1000 USD forks I've seen have been real short

another thing to consider is brake rotors. If you managed to obtain the matching rotors to adapt to a wheel you'll want to get a wheel with the same rotor bolt count. I've retained a factory 6bolt wheel by researching 6 bolt rotors to fit gsxr brakes (gsxr rotors are 5 bolt), I've also used a spoked cb650 wheel to use GSXR rotors because the cb650 had 5-bolt hub.

450/500t, 500f~CB750 sohc have 6 bolt rotors, may be easier to find off Yamaha?
Not that it really matters much as the hub is WAAAAYYYYY narrower than the cast hubl that was originally in forks
By the time you get some 1/2"~1" hub spacers made, you can re-drill to fit just about any rotor you can find

The forks are short yes, I haven't put them on the frame yet to see how low the front end would be. That will happen in a week or two.

So a katana axle will fit cb wheel and bearing?

When you say machine spacers I suppose they double up and act as spacers and adapters for rotors yeah?

Do you have any photos of your set up crazypj?

Back
Top Bottom