Shinko 712's for cb750

warpt_99

Been Around the Block
Picking some up today from JP Cycles, I have a 71 CB750 and I need a little help with tire size. I'm going with 100/90-19 up front but in the rear should I go with 110/90-18 or 120/90-18? Based off some conversion charts it looks like either one will be about the same. I looked at most of Kott's bikes and he's using 120's. thanks for the help guys, this is my first build ever and I'll have a ton of questions along the way.

just a point

i used to use the 712 s on resale bikes then i found customers really did not like the center groove on the front tire pattern

it causes the bike to follow rain grooves in the pavement cracks tar snakes ect

for what its worth i use shinko tour master 230s on all my own bikes including my goldwings and have nothing but good to say

about them i mount them all with dyna beads

i think unless its a look thing i would move up to the better tire

but either way choose a better front tread pattern

thanks for the insight. Most of the reviews I saw online had great things to say but the price point is very low. I'm trying to keep costs low while not sacrifice quality, i know this will be hard to achieve. Any thoughts on the tire size itself? debating over 110 or 120 in the rear

its not so much a quality issue with the 712s the are a awesome tire for the price and balance very well less than a oz almost always

it just the pattern causing the wandering the spitfire does the same

i would go 120 they seem to soak up road bumps better

Ok thanks, 120 it is. I was looking at the S11 too but the cost was too much for me at this time

Back
Top Bottom