CB125 bobber!

jelloelstone

Been Around the Block
Well ive had a build thread on this CB already now, it was orignally going to be a tracker, then a cafe (current) but ive always wanted a bobber. id love to buy another bigger bike but money dont grow on trees! so the CB is now gunna be a hardtail bob.

Plan is simple. i have an auto class (still in school) i dont really have a project for it, like my car or anything.
The frame for the 125 has an easy way to make it a bobber! Bonus! i have to grind off a few parts and reweld, the way it should go i shouldnt need to buy any steel for it.
Now for the tank.... no idea, gunna hit up cycle salvage and see what they got, the stock tank doesnt look too bad, just need one with a little more "shape" to it.
I kinda lucked out and i bought a malaguti moped not to long ago, it came with ape bars! The seats another thing i gotta get sorted out, ebay has a nice springer one thatll be great $40! definately need a springer seat, im only 16 and my backs bad enough. I dont plan to ride it for long trips, only around the city and to the skatepark.

Heres my inspiration pic, even though its a 650 yamaha its the way i wanna go, and yeah my exhaust is gunna have the rain caps like that! i just like how they move when its running, the functionality is a bonus.

Attachments

• damlinks!.jpg
    damlinks!.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 1,307
You better make those flaps nice an light, the 125 may not have enough in it to push them open haha! nah go with that man, those pipes do look sweet!

hahaha! i know small bike but they are so fun! and easy on gas, the 125 gets 100mpg (what i have read... could be off)

Jello, there was another guy that made a little brat styled bike from a 125. I think it was mikeadamstattoo? I was just looking at them the other night in the "build collection" section.

And I read that Cycle World magazine got 78 mpg with one - even though they admitted to having the throttle hammered for the mpg test.

Back
Top Bottom