Official "Show off your helmet" thread

Imageshack posts don't seem to work well - I'll do some looking into as to why. Photobucket works like a charm.

Hoofhearted said:
Not knowing how to do multiple photos in one posting. Heres my late 80s Simpson.
img0578ao5.jpg

By weslake, shot with Canon PowerShot A430 at 2008-01-06

Love that Bandit Helmet!! ;D

My two helmets.

The first is a Cromwell pudding basin from the 1950's. Strictly for show.

The second is my Davida Classic Jet. This is my regular lid. Googles are Halcyon's from Walridge Motors.

Right-shift Ronnie

Here are my 'old' helmets from the 70's and early 80's. Strictly for display! The liners are completely shot!

White Bell Star and a GPZ Red Simpson Bandit. They make nice bookends!!

MyHelmets003.jpg

This is my new helmet, an Arai Profile in Frost Black

MyHelmets006.jpg

I feel like I need a new bucket though!

Ease said:
I don't know what that fuzzy helmet is... but I bet it gets awefully sweaty.

Here's my helmet:
100_0130.jpg

I see you are a HIM fan. My 16 year old daughter likes your helmet.

Dave
Ace of Clubs

oldog said:
Any one ever see a helmet like this before? It's a crazy looking thing with fuzzy stuff on it. I'm sure it's old as it came from an oldtimers estate sale. I'd like to know more about it if any one knows.

fizzyHelmet.jpg

Heh...I don't wear it and I won't untill I spray the same fuzz onto my tank and sidecovers.

Here is another cool find I got on Ebay. The seller (from Germany) estimates this helmet to be pre war 1930's. The bowl itself is hardened leather. It's in very good condition for it's age. Oh, and like my fuzzy lid, it's for display purposes.
vintage_helmet_1.jpg

vintage_helmet_2.jpg

vintage_helmet_3.jpg

Yo, don't be dissin' the porridge pots.

n631952673_962268_9621.jpg

n631952673_962270_336.jpg

n631952673_962271_644.jpg

I once wore this snowboarding on the half-pipe:

n631952673_962269_9977.jpg

Drifter said:
I see you are a HIM fan. My 16 year old daughter likes your helmet.

Dave
Ace of Clubs

Yessir, started as a HIM fan, got a Tattoo (hidden), now I just wear the symbol everywhere and listen to the music on occasion.

Had it before 16 year old girls liked metal, but I accept it now.
:D

P.S. Keep an eye out, HIM fans get tattoos in general. ;)

AGV X-Vent Rossi Rep--the one to be wearing in a get-off.
AGV Dragon (black w/ dark smoke shield)--military helicopter pilot style. If you run into a truck, don't go chin-first.
HCI Cafe-style (matte black with checkerboard stripe)--nice retro looks and good for scooping up the remnants of an accident.

Picture005.jpg

Picture006.jpg

I have a half bucket, but I don't know if it is possible to wear goggles with it. I made a pair of big glasses but I would like to get a pair of goggles.

Where can I get a matte black 3/4? (in the gta)

(BTW, Hi, Im new here) :)

Well.. Here is what Im sporting these days...at least until it gets cold outside:

Did the graphics in CorelDRAW and had them made up. Been wearing Chucks for over 35 years... it had to be done.

bikepics-1684344-800.jpg

100-0076_IMG.jpg

hey leon, nice collection! where'd you find that black honda lid(far right bottom row)? did you paint it yourself? im thinkin of just buyin one of those vintage 70s shoei helmets off ebay and then painting it to my likings. any opinions on quality of those vintage shoeis? i know shoei makes a good lid these days, but one thats 40 years old?? they all say brand new never been used, but the lining is still 40 yrs old hah! still safe?? anyone advise against this option?

also i saw some pretty trick vintage NOS buco helmets on ebay, same never been used condition. though ive never heard of this company. anyone know anything about these helmets?

BArTY said:
hey leon, nice collection! where'd you find that black honda lid(far right bottom row)? did you paint it yourself? im thinkin of just buyin one of those vintage 70s shoei helmets off ebay and then painting it to my likings. any opinions on quality of those vintage shoeis? i know shoei makes a good lid these days, but one thats 40 years old?? they all say brand new never been used, but the lining is still 40 yrs old hah! still safe?? anyone advise against this option?

also i saw some pretty trick vintage NOS buco helmets on ebay, same never been used condition. though ive never heard of this company. anyone know anything about these helmets?

hey Man.. thanks... I got rid of most of those lids but kept each generation of the Bandit helmets and a few vintage 3/4 lids.
here is a better representation of whats on the shelf now:

IMG_0588.jpg

IMG_0587.jpg

Buco's are amazing helmets..more rare and expensive are their jackets. Made by Joseph Buegeleisen & Co. (hence the name Buco)

He started the company in 1933, Detroit MI, and made jackets and accessories for Harley Davidson and various police departments and military divisions.

In 1966 Joseph Buegeleisen sold to BUCO to American Safety Equipment Corporation in 1966. After the sale, many of the companies employees went off to start Brooks Leathers. In fact in 1968 ASEC outsourced the manufacturing many of the BUCO labeled jackets to Brooks.

The BUCO as a division of ASEC disappeared in 1970 after the oil crisis put a strain on to the entire automotive industry

Joseph Buegeleisen died in 1971.

IMG_0587.jpg

Buco's are amazing helmets..more rare and expensive are their jackets. Made by Joseph Buegeleisen & Co. (hence the name Buco)

He started the company in 1933, Detroit MI, and made jackets and accessories for Harley Davidson and various police departments and military divisions.

In 1966 Joseph Buegeleisen sold to BUCO to American Safety Equipment Corporation in 1966. After the sale, many of the companies employees went off to start Brooks Leathers. In fact in 1968 ASEC outsourced the manufacturing many of the BUCO labeled jackets to Brooks.

The BUCO as a division of ASEC disappeared in 1970 after the oil crisis put a strain on to the entire automotive industry

Joseph Buegeleisen died in 1971.

dude! i love the teeth!! haha epic!

thanks for the info on the buco helmets, i was a bit hesitant, but found some sweet ones on ebay for pretty cheap so i figured id give it a shot regardless. i like that green one you got too! real nice shape to it. and those masks (banshee?) awesome! where'd u get em??

BArTY said:
dude! i love the teeth!! haha epic!

thanks for the info on the buco helmets, i was a bit hesitant, but found some sweet ones on ebay for pretty cheap so i figured id give it a shot regardless. i like that green one you got too! real nice shape to it. and those masks (banshee?) awesome! where'd u get em??

The green metal-flake helmet is a vintage LSI Helmet and the Black helmet and Yellow Helmet are vintage Bombardier helmets...
Two of the face masks are vintage JTRacing moto-cross masks and the other is a vintage John Banks moto-cross mask.
I got them all on ebay!!

http://dotheton.com/index.php?topic=11205.0

Back
Top Bottom