Bell Bullitt

Re: Re: Bell Bullitt

Drewski said:
Arai... best helmet I've ever owned. Period.

I've had Bell, Simpson, Shoei, etc. The Arai fit's me best, bar none. 8)

I'm due for a new one too, now that I think about it...

I agree. My last bellwas a disappointment too. The only helmet coming second to arai is my tourqe.

ronnie said:
Drewski, did you try on a bunch of different helmets? I know they have a bunch of different head shapes to choose from, how did you know which one to choose? I have a Shoei Qwest and though its comfy and quite, I find its a little bulky and it tends to tilt up. I find I have to pull the chin down and reposition at times.

I have a qwest too and I stopped wearing it because it's too bulky.

If you look at this bell it looks pretty bulky too. It looks good on a table but on your head it looks like fat helmet head syndrome. Now if it was ACTUALLY low profile maybe the 400 bucks might be worth it. But I ain't paying 400 bucks for a fat head.

I'm not understanding all this expensive talk. A well made ece22.05 snell 2010 helmet for $400 is at the lower end of the scale. I can't even imagine the tech that had to be crammed into that tiny chin bar for the helmet to pass. The price seems bang on to me.

I'm holding out…

Attachments

• vlcsnap-00028.jpg
    vlcsnap-00028.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 1,329

D4N63R said:
I'm not understanding all this expensive talk. A well made ece22.05 snell 2010 helmet for $400 is at the lower end of the scale. I can't even imagine the tech that had to be crammed into that tiny chin bar for the helmet to pass. The price seems bang on to me.

Well for 600 your in a nice arai that fits awesome and looks low profile compared to any other helmet I have seen.

I think you guys might be getting bamboozled here by some of the pics. This bell looks like big head city.

The only big head helmet I would rock is a skully cause at least it has Google glass and a rear view camera.

$600 is 50% more then this helmet not to mention I cant get a single color arai for less then $800 in canada... A corsair looks just as big as any other full face helmet, I realize they run more shell sizes then anyone else so I guess you could say their medium is going to be a touch lower profile then a company that uses the same shell for m-l but its not going to be enough to notice at a glance. I think the over sized visor opening is fooling with your eyes. I'll wait to see one in person next to a regular eye opening full face, i bet there is little to no difference.

The only bell ive put on that gives me big head syndrome is the 500.

For me, I REALLY like the look with the smoke and/or mirror flat shield, but other than that I don't care for them. The large opening just looks strange to me. I will gladly try one out if any of the dealers around here will stock it, but time will tell on that. I'm not much for pre-ordering blind, especially with something as not-cheap as this is.

D4N63R said:
$600 is 50% more then this helmet not to mention I cant get a single color arai for less then $800 in canada... A corsair looks just as big as any other full face helmet, I realize they run more shell sizes then anyone else so I guess you could say their medium is going to be a touch lower profile then a company that uses the same shell for m-l but its not going to be enough to notice at a glance. I think the over sized visor opening is fooling with your eyes. I'll wait to see one in person next to a regular eye opening full face, i bet there is little to no difference.

The only bell ive put on that gives me big head syndrome is the 500.

I'm in Canada and I have found mid of the line arai helmets in various places online for less than 600. You also can't compare this novelty like helmet to the corsair as its the top of the line arai helmet that even moto gp riders wear.

In less than 15 seconds I found a graphics arai for the same price, 400 bucks and I promise you any arai sport Bike helmet is noticeably smaller than any bell.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/121196301465

"doesnt ship to canada"

and the vector 2 is nothing like a corsair, they are 2 totally different helmets both in fit and build quality, I know this because a vector 2 doesn't fit me worth a crap, it fits just like a shoei, round head. The corsair fits me like a dream. A vector 2 is no better then anything else in the $300-$400 price range. I would put the HJC RPHA-10 ahead of the vector for me, feels WAY better and is 100+ cheaper. The Vector is the same damn helmet arai has been making since the beginning of time with a few new vents added. It doesn't get all the good updates the corsair does. I'll never talk down a Corsair, but the vector is just riding on the name of arai and should be priced the same as the HJC, shoei and bell

Paid less than $400 for my RF1100. RF1200's are $440 at Revzilla and likely cheaper elsewhere (and RF1100's should be bargain priced).

Tim said:
Paid less than $400 for my RF1100. RF1200's are $440 at Revzilla and likely cheaper elsewhere (and RF1100's should be bargain priced).

RF1100 in canada. canadasmotorcycle is always cheaper then any local shop i have. I'm sure you can find old stock somewhere for less. but this is the going rate up here.

http://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/shoei-rf-1100-helmet.html

I love everything about the RF, but I cant wear one for more then an hour or i have to stop and take it off and let my head re shape... thats a broken in one as well.. They are too round for me.

someone better bring this damn bell in locally so i can find out if its huge or not....

D4N63R said:
"doesnt ship to canada"

and the vector 2 is nothing like a corsair, they are 2 totally different helmets both in fit and build quality, I know this because a vector 2 doesn't fit me worth a crap, it fits just like a shoei, round head. The corsair fits me like a dream. A vector 2 is no better then anything else in the $300-$400 price range. I would put the HJC RPHA-10 ahead of the vector for me, feels WAY better and is 100+ cheaper. The Vector is the same damn helmet arai has been making since the beginning of time with a few new vents added. It doesn't get all the good updates the corsair does. I'll never talk down a Corsair, but the vector is just riding on the name of arai and should be priced the same as the HJC, shoei and bell

I don't know man. I have zero problems getting my shit a good prices which for the most part never involves a Canadian retailer.

I will try it on in the stores ask them to match online and if not then I then buy it online.

If you are a corsair guy then you are intermediate oval. The rx-q which is cheaper is also intermediate oval and would be better choice for the street as it will be better for wind noise over the corsair which is not made for the pleasures of daily riding.

But I think we are straying off topic a little here.

Ohhhh I will look at the rx-q then! My head is a real pain for helmets. Bell has always fit me great. They also have my favorite shield on the industry. Their auto darkening one. It's amazing. They should make an auto darkening bubble shield for this helmet (back on topic!).

Like I said. I'll wait to see one of these bad boys in person.

I never have a problem getting well priced gear either. I take the same route you do to get it. But arai has always been a tough one for me.

this is a real helmet... You read the full spec sheet this is twice the helmet the gringo is for just a bit more money.

Are we still talking about the Bullitt helmet? I know there were a few other helmets thrown into the conversation. I like the helmet. It has a nice Dieter Rams design quality to it, at least the one in cream white. The truth is, $400 is nothing if it protects your skull well. I understand if there are equal quality helmets out there for cheaper. But I don't think that's the same conversation. I'd pay more for a helmet that keeps me alive or with whatever wits I have left. What I don't get is the Bullitt reference. When I think of that movie, I think of the Mustang. I don't remember a motorcycle.

steve mcqueen wore bell helmets and is probably the number one reeson for the popularity/collectabillity of vintage bell helmets
they are using his name subliminally ;) more or less

Back
Top Bottom