CB360 cylinder liners

miks15

Hi Guys,

I have been rebuilding my CB360 engine, and as part of that I have painted it all up. I have painted it using the VHT engine enamel, and have just baked it as recommended. As i took them out I noticed the liners were completely loose (I guess the ally case expands more than the steel liners) and it was too the point they could have been pulled out completely. Is this normal? I have sat it now in such a way that the liners were holding themselves in the casing by gravity and it is cooling down, will this be fine? I assume this is just how they are assembled and that there is no sealing or jointing compound that I have ruined? ( i imagine the engine runs hotter than the 100C I have just baked it at)

Cheers

it should be fine as long as they are seated and forein matter ddint get in the fit
how hot were they ?

The liners never came out completely, and they werent near any dirt when they were loose so shouldnt have got anything in them.

They were at about 110/120 Degree C for around an hour

they should be ok but i wouldn't think they would be that loose a fit, to come loose at that low temp,
proly nothing to worry about it ain't like thay can move the head holds 'em on

Back
Top Bottom