CB360 UNI Filters

silverheli2000

Hi All,

I first apologize for asking this as I'm sure its been answered on here, but I cannot find what I'm looking for. I mainly would like clarification or possibly a picture of someone using the UNI filters on a CB360 with the stock battery box/side covers. The description on these things sound like they'll bolt right up to the carb with no modifications, but as I read threads it seems that folks are still talking about taking the boots off the original filters to make the clearance needed for the side covers.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, and a picture of these on a stock setup bike would be just fantastic. Thank you in advance.

Filters I'm referring to:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Uni-Air-Filter-For-Street-Sport-Bikes-Honda-/281202078476?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ACB350&hash=item4178f3330c&vxp=mtr

To install those Uni-filters on a stock cb360 w battery box intact and side covers...
you will have to place them on the floor and using your booted foot stomp, smash and bend the shit out of em.

Probably to the point of being impossible to fit them on the carbs and still retain any sort of functionality.

Now, in the event you have the complete pair of stock filter boxes and filters. I know guys simply remove the old filter material and replace it w new Uni-filter bulk foam.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=uni+filter+sheet

Even easier yet, order a new pair of stock filters from cmsnl.com

I used UNI filters (4 inch with angled base) for a short time on my CB360. I ended uop going back to stock, as the whole carburetion thing works so much better.

However, they are JAMMED in there.... The peek out from the side cover, but they work. The noise is louder (intake noise), and the carburetion is all over the place, with a lot of stumbling off throttle...So I am back to stock (Had to repair one of the tabs to do it). The bike runs very well with stock filters and airboxes...

Attachments

• Uni Filter Right Side.jpg
    Uni Filter Right Side.jpg
    669.4 KB · Views: 411
  • Uni Filter Right Side with Cover.jpg
    Uni Filter Right Side with Cover.jpg
    780.2 KB · Views: 258
Thank you both, this is exactly what I needed to know and half expected...a bit too good to be true.

I do still have both air filters, but they are dirty as hell. I have read where some have replaced the paper in the stock filters with new paper...or like you said, pay the cash and get new filters.

Thanks again, means a lot.

Buy some stock UNI foam and cut off the paper off your stock filter, but don't cut the metal screen off. cut to size, wrap a strip of foam around the air cleaner screen. Use hot glue, or RTC, or contact adhesive.....and boom, stock airbox (st configuration) and low restriction filter....better than any pods for performance. look at the airbox...Each carb breathes through BOTH filters. A lot more surface area than a pod...:

Attachments

• Bulk Filter Foam.jpg
    Bulk Filter Foam.jpg
    312.6 KB · Views: 239
Back
Top Bottom