Need carb resources help

Kennylyman

I have a 1980 honda cm400 and I've rebuilt the carb but it's still not working properly. I just want to toss it and get a new one at this point. Does anyone know where I can get a new oem or even a decent aftermarket carb? Oh and I will need new insulators too. Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 163
I used to spew out gas. Then I replaced all the internals and gaskets and cleaned it and it still spews out gas. I've got too many hours in it and I'm just over it. Do you know of any website or anything that can help me out?

Well, if you used to spew out gas I'd recommend not drinking it.

But if it's spewing out gas, then you've either got a faulty float valve or your float height is off. Could also be a split overflow tube. You say you rebuilt them -- did you check these three things?

If you're dead set on giving up and want to spend a metric shit ton of money, other people here are happy to take it. Or poke around the internet, you'll find someone/something.

on some carbs the brass overflow tubes crack and will dump fuel at any level, so check that
fill the bowl with fuel and see if it pisses on yer shoes
and while you have the bowl off just very gently push up on the float and see if it leeks past the valve

Back
Top Bottom