Cb750 k4 rebuild help

quadracer351

Coast to Coast
At the moment my motor is at works engineering I'm Brooklyn getting a top end rebuild and thank god I did because apparently the original owner beat on it Today I was given the work order and I need advice on what to do and where to get what is needed. Work order breakdown....
"-Corrosion throughout fastener
-Some striped heads
-Inspected cylinders for bore specs, cleaned and honed cylinders and gasket surfaces.
-cleaned and inspected cylinder head
-exhaust valve guides excessively worn
-cam lobes worn past Honda service limit
-cylinders show marks from piston rings seizing at some point, recommended re-bore although it will be ready to run with just honing. "

Suggested parts list
"Exhaust valve guides
Piston rings Honda oe +1
Piston Honda oe +1
Cam Honda oe in good shape or otherwise
Rocker arms-exhaust"

So I also have an option to have the cam machined to sport or race etc. specifications. Looking for some advice on where to get these parts for the least amount of $$$ also if anyone has a cam in good shape or knows someone that can machine mine. I have the shop sending me a quote tomorrow for the price of them finding the parts.

Thanks guys!

If you're going through the trouble of a rebuild I'd get the 836 piston/ring set off eBay. Seller's name is cruzinimage and his parts have been used with a good amount of suvpccess by guys on the sohc4 boards. And if you're gonna do an 836 you might want to look at a little hotter cam, like a Web or some such.

This is my first bike so I'm not looking to go that big at the moment just want to get this thing competed abd back on the road by spring. With the cam I was wondering if I should get a new one maybe from cyclex or have the current one machined...if so does anyone know anybody that machines them.

Back
Top Bottom