1977 Kawasaki KZ 750 Twin

Im stuck at work and I want to order a pair of fork gaiters for my 77 KZ750. Anyone offhand know the fork measurement? The gaiters im looking at are by KAIZEN and measure 32X250mm

doc_rot said:

Thanks. I got a pair of Kaizen fork boots from DCC item number 716-1001. Im going to install them on my KZ this weekend. My wrist fracture is healing fast and Im going to attempt this. I think ALL bikes look better with gaiters.

Im not a fan personally as i have taken them off enough bikes to see that they make forks rust when they sit for a while. I like the look on the right bike though.

canyoncarver said:
Yeah, how's the bike?

Hi everyone.

My responses here after will be limited

A year ago when I first got into biking and was building that bike, a pristine 1972 CB350F which i chopped into a cafe racer, I joined this forum and ran into some hostiles. I made the mistake of responding to their foolishness. As a result, I was banned, though they were not banned for harassing me. I came back under a new login, forgetting the past and being nice and whatnot and it seems ppl still have a vendetta against me. Every time i post, even if its friendly and informational, they report me to the mods and they ban me again.

I made up this new login to answer the questions on the progress of the 1977 Kawa KZ750

I have 4 bikes, a 72 honda cb750, a 73 honda cb500F, a 1977 Yamaha and my 1977 Kawa KZ750. After having this bike for a month (the kawa) it is my favorite. Bulletproof, torque for days, and an all around great bike. Not a speedy bike, but steady enough.

The issue with the carbs dumping was cleared: On of the brass floats (original) developed a hole by the seam and started taking on gas. I located two OEM brass floats, had them put in, and the bike ran great.

Another thing happened that was a bit more grave. On easter sunday I was riding here in NYC in a tshirt and trousers, as hipsters do, and the chain on the bike snapped and wrapped around the rear wheel, locking it up, causing me to skid at 20mph. Not a scratch on me or the bike but it was scary. Got a new chain and sprocket and the bike has been running great ever since. I put white Biltwell grips on it to compliment the kawasaki emblem.

Here are pics:

Attachments

• IMG_0238.JPG
    IMG_0238.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 295
  • IMG_0223.JPG
    IMG_0223.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 268
I build motorcycles, make clothes, play music, and take it deep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

canyoncarver said:
I honestly had no idea. Great bike though.

Thank you and thank you for all your help. Your advice throughout this thread was very helpful. I really do appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom