Good Ol' BMX - many of our first 2 wheeled passions

Something I put together this year to ride with my kids. Old 81 Goose w GT Mohawk Hubs.

Attachments

• Goose.jpg
    Goose.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 457
ill snap a pic of my brothers freeagent this weekend! he built it when he was 13 or 14 and still has it! hahaha i was out ridinig it last night after a few drinks and about 100lbs more since i last rode a BMX bike hahahaha he was freaking out when i was trying t bunny hop! he was sure i would blow out the tires and rims!

as long as you dont blow a hernia :)

JRK5892 said:
ill snap a pic of my brothers freeagent this weekend! he built it when he was 13 or 14 and still has it! hahaha i was out ridinig it last night after a few drinks and about 100lbs more since i last rode a BMX bike hahahaha he was freaking out when i was trying t bunny hop! he was sure i would blow out the tires and rims!

Here is a new race bike that I finished today, I will use this for Old School racing over here in the UK.

The bike is a 1990 Auburn CR20r...

DSCF4463.jpg

DSCF4464.jpg

DSCF4465.jpg

DSCF4466.jpg

DSCF4467.jpg

DSCF4468.jpg

DSCF4469.jpg

DSCF4470.jpg

I didn't know so many people here had bmx backgrounds. I started.in the mid 80's with a schwinn Predator and threw foot pegs on it and a rotor. Learned a lawnmower and cherrypicker and was on my way to flatland freestyle. Next I got a Torker 2 and then a Haro Master. Got out of it in the early 90's and have missed it ever since. Iam 39 now and still think I can do a funky chicken with no problems... ;D

Some great memories and great bikes on this thread, I still have some BMX bikes myself and will post some pictures (when I learn how to post pictures).

Love that Auburn,, Is that the old Powerlite headclamp? I had a Powerlite that had the same head. Wish I still had that one. And my Diamond back mini with the lil uni seat. My favorite of all is my Haro Group one. It was the iconic 80's freestyle bike to me. Hell, they're we're 20 of them in RAD, lol. Still have that one and all my GT's.

Griff5268 said:
Love that Auburn,, Is that the old Powerlite headclamp? I had a Powerlite that had the same head. Wish I still had that one. And my Diamond back mini with the lil uni seat. My favorite of all is my Haro Group one. It was the iconic 80's freestyle bike to me. Hell, they're we're 20 of them in RAD, lol. Still have that one and all my GT's.

You are correct Griff, Powerlite stem from around 87 onwards.

I would post all my collection on site but considering I have about 30 bikes it would be a long post.

I still have one of my old GT race bikes, I raced for the GT Factory team over here in the UK and still have my bike.

Sweet pics Nater.. Yeah I rode for Kavochi wheels. Must have been awesome being on Factory back then.. The real wings..They changed the logo a little in the early 90's. For my race bikes I rode 3 different pro series chrome frames, I also have an original GT DYNO in purple(freestyle).. Before they split off and went seperate ways. Last GT.. I've got a candy blue mach one. It was the last thing I was riding. I'll get some pics when I can get to storage..

I grew up across the street from Wild Horse Creek Track..Lucky enough to spend hours there everyday. This track is pretty well known in the south. It's where they hold the Dixieland Nationals every year. Met so many pro guys. I got to hang out with Matt Hoffman for 5 days. He was there competing, came down and camped in the lot.. He was the coolest guy. See him all over X games now. This was at least 15 years ago. He was riding his custom frame he made in his van. With Hoffman written in white out, It turned in to the Hoffman Bike line, you see mass produced now.. Cool to see the guy go from the bottom to the top over the years.

Got my old RedLine down from my Dads rafters a few weeks back. I've been riding it to the market close to my house for quick runs. Man those seats fuck with your nuts. I was walking bow-legged for a week!!!

Griff, here is a picture of my old GT Pro race bike (from 1985), which I still have from bitd.

GTPro1.jpg

Also a picture of me when I was riding for the GT Factory..

gt.jpg

I also rode for JMC earlier in my racing life (around 1982)...

SeanRace034.jpg

I used to be into BMX a lot when I was in middle and early high school. Got a Royce Union Pro series for the low, low price of 220$ which I paid for by mowing lawns and turning in aluminum cans. Had Mad Max pegs, one piece crank, Mongoose Super Grip grips, triple backbone frame and Mad Dog pedals (of which I swear there are chunks of my shins embedded in my muscles from back-pedaling). It had the gyroscope front end for epic bar-spins and X-ups. Damn thing weighed about 2lbs. I could wheelie that thing for a mile if I didn't get tired. Sold it once I got into high school for I think 20-30$. A lot of places say RU were cheap throw-away bikes, but this was back in 1995 or so (I think they were owned by Huffy), but that damn thing got smashed, rolled, ran into trees and culverts, thrown around and just did not care. Miss those old days.

stidds, That is SO badass! U still got that uniform? I'd love to have one of those old jersey's for my collection if you've got more than one.

I will never understand the fascination with bikes and wheels that are too small, feel awkward in the air, destroy knees and backs, and are almost as efficient a means of transportation as a skateboard.

If I'm going to go to all that trouble I might as well own a cafe racer.

Otherwise, I'll keep my mountain bikes. They can get air too:

p4pb6682061.jpg

Pheller, not just into BMX mate, I use my mountain bikes regularly also, I have a nice downhill rig and a jump bike also...

Coyote DH3 downhill rig..

Bike02.jpg

Commencal Absolut jump bike...

CommencalAbsolut006.jpg

Nice rides.

I'll admit I'm just a bit frustrated at the admonishment that vintage BMX stuff gets from owners who don't even ride them anymore, or are the same people who run me off the road on my bicycle commute into work.

Back
Top Bottom