lets see your small cafe's and mopeds

Rattler Buck-Ten
IMG_1245.JPG

74 Honda XL 125
2.jpg

johngofast said:
Dang, Rose sure looks like a keeper. It sounds like she's pretty good to you, I love the super-go-fast tape on her swing arm.

The stuff on the swingarm is just there to hide the rust and crap, I ran out of spraypaint ::)
But I'm actually quite sure it adds atleast 3-4 rwhp!

johngofast said:
I got a couple rusty old bikes in my garage that need some of that stuff. Like 50 rolls..

Just get to it then, mask it all!

Well, actually that frame and swingarm are crooked, bent and molested in all directions (the poor girl's been owned by a maniac for 7 years) so I'm currently in the market for a new frame and swingarm. I'll never get to work on my cb450 if I keep this up ::)

crackerman said:
06 Honda Metro, with a 161cc engine from a Geninue Buddy.

nice! That's awesome that you did an engine swap. Those stock 50cc honda engines blow. Genuine makes good scoots.

Any of you 49cc engine guys ever get questioned on displacement after an engine swap?

I always wondered if a cop would notice you cruising by at 50mph and make the connection of "that looks like a 49cc scooter..."

PHeller said:
Any of you 49cc engine guys ever get questioned on displacement after an engine swap?

I always wondered if a cop would notice you cruising by at 50mph and make the connection of "that looks like a 49cc scooter..."

my scoot has always been 110cc but in the city people try to pass me. I think they are in disbelieve sometimes how my 2-stroke scoot launches off the line and screams to 45-50mph.

Most cops don't know enough
About the bike to really mess with you
And most that do I have found are cool enough not to mess around

And honestly it's low in the list of things to ticket someone on

Police are never going to check it unless you're doing something really bad while riding it!

9 police officers in my family, oh and at least 5 of them know a hell of a lot more than I do about motorcycles!

I had a Ruckus before the Metro with a 150cc swap and got pulled over all the time. Just told them it was a 49cc and it could only do 30, even though I could do mid 50s. Most cops were cool and let me go. Never got a ticket but it sucks thinking your going to get pulled over every time you see a cop.

Back
Top Bottom