1972 Honda CB 350 project # 1

Soltesjoey350

21 years young, 1972 Honda CB350.
Hey all, just found this website not too long ago, and seems like a great site! I decided to start a little build thread/refresh on my CB350 twin. My name is Joey and I'm a 21 year old college student/full time worker in Florida. I bought his bike off my dads friend after a lot of hassle and weeks of waiting to see if he'd sell it to me. Finally got it a couple years ago, and rode it for a couple months before the problems started.

First of all I was having problems with ignition, and getting spark to the plugs.I replaced the points, condenser, plugs, wires, did an oil change, and changed the coil packs to Dynapacks from DCC. Bike ran great for another couple months until I had gas leaking from the carbs. Found out that the floats in the carbs were actually filling up with gas and getting stuck in the down position, letting full gas in 24/7! Fixed that too, and decided to put the bike up for a while as I had a couple car projects going too that needed more attention. I also got very sick and was in the hospital for a couple weeks. So recently I started to really get back into the bike scene, cafés, bobbers, trackers, and really any other custom bike scene. I think it's awesome what some of the guys do with their own hands.

Well anyways that's enough about me, here's a pic of her before I started tinkering

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 1,720
So since then, I've had many purchases from Dime City Cycles. New shoes, clutch kit with springs, new bars, grips, levers, switches, seat, air filters, new tires, turn signals, brake light, rectifier/regulator combo, etc lol

And here's the seat test fitted on, and the bars.

And since I've been searching for all these electrical gremlins/putting on the new switches here's how she looks currently :/

That's it for now, but should be posting at least a couple times a week until I'm "done"
So let me know what you guys think!

Joey

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MnSObtyavGo
Little update! I work 12 hour shifts so sometimes it's hard to make time.

Sonreir really helped me a lot with the wiring in other threads, so a big thanks to him!
Got most of the electrical working now, just need to make the final connections since the shit is just spliced together right now lol :-[

Joey

Little update w/no pics. Got all of the wiring sorted out. All of my switches work now, including my electric starter switch/kill switch that I wired up today. I also got all the other wires connected the right way, and wrapped so they look nice.

Joey

Hey nice bike and grate progress!! Im a college student up here in NC (hopping to not be one in a few months). Im pretty jealous of the parts pile you got going on! Don't have time to work with the crazy last semester so all I can do is dream about my bikes...

Love the seat by the way!

Hey thanks man! It's always nice to have some good weather to get you motivated!

Honestly just reading the build in this site make me want to go out and do more!

Joey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After work tonight I will try and get some stuff done. I need to make a list so I can check stuff off as I go.

Before I started this thread here is some of the stuff I've done;
New dynatek coils
New NGK plugs
New plug wires
New floats in both carbs
New rebuild kits for both carbs
New condenser & points
New petcock
New avon tires
I think that's it on the new parts before the thread started.

So what I still need to get done;
Install new drums front and rear
Install all new cables, brake, throttle, clutch
Install new clutch
Tuck wiring away make it nice and neat
Do something with the battery box & neaten it up
Change or paint header?
Figure out where to mount ignition switch?

Neaten everything up and make the bike look simplistic.

Let me know if you think I should add anything on to this list!

Joey

Did a little work on cleaning up the battery box today. I cut off a lot on unneeded tabs, and plan to enclose the whole box to make it look a little neater.

Also put in the new clutch today.

And in

Lastly I need help identifying this part. I believe it is broken and making my clutch cable make a pinging sound when I pull the lever. I think it's supposed to be one whole part and not two like I show in the pics. Hopefully one of you will know where I can get a replacement. It hooks up to the clutch cable behind the case.

That's it for now!

Joey

Did you have the nut and washer on the oudside of the engine side cover? It has been too long since I played with a cb350 to remember how I adjusted the clutch on that model.

Looking at the diagram, it shows the washer and nut on the outside engine case.
That would make it stick in too far and rub on the inside.

Don't forget the ball bearing and don't loose it. You'll have a hell of a time shifting then. :eek:

http://www.cmsnl.com/honda-cb350-super-sport-350-k4-1972-usa_model433/partslist/E10.html#results

mark13018 said:
Did you have the nut and washer on the oudside of the engine side cover? It has been too long since I played with a cb350 to remember how I adjusted the clutch on that model.

Looking at the diagram, it shows the washer and nut on the outside engine case.
That would make it stick in too far and rub on the inside.

Don't forget the ball bearing and don't loose it. You'll have a hell of a time shifting then. :eek:

http://www.cmsnl.com/honda-cb350-super-sport-350-k4-1972-usa_model433/partslist/E10.html#results
Awesome diagram! Yeah the nut and washer was going on the outside if the case!
Mine looks a little bent so I thought this was my
Problem with the noise!

nothing broken or missing you if the ball isn't in there at the pushrod end then that could be the issue
if you do not have the unit shown adjusted correctly, it will make the snapping noise
as far as the seat it looks nice and shiny and new, but since you asked I think that style of seat looks clumsy and lame on any bike ,and it really takes the look of a cb350 and puts it in the shitter
I just don't get it there is no stylish flow at all to those flat seats,they never blend well with the tank,basically they look like something a retarded 3rd grader would draw on a bike like stick figure style badly done
do you actually like the way it looks ? compared to that before picture with the stock seat ? :eek:

the adjustment setting is a little tricky, carry on :D that's a nice 350 ,get some decent shocks, service the forks and enjoy the ride

xb33bsa said:
the adjustment setting is a little tricky, carry on :D that's a nice 350 ,get some decent shocks, service the forks and enjoy the ride
Thanks man! And hey, have you ever seen that little ball missing? Mine is... I'll have to dig around maybe tomorrow after work.. Is there a place that sell it?

Joey

5/16/8mm ball bearing , all ball bearings are made the same '
any bike shop ,bicycle shop,hardware,auto parts store whatever
sucks yeah looking for it when it gone

xb33bsa said:
5/16/8mm ball bearing , all ball bearings are made the same '
any bike shop ,bicycle shop,hardware,auto parts store whatever
sucks yeah looking for it when it gone

Awesome! Thanks for your help.

Joey

Back
Top Bottom