Factory new Bobber.

Minicafe

When ever anyone post pics of thier just finished ride it seems like its new meat for the blood thirsty hecklers. I started thinking when i open my last J&P Cycle catalog, what would the howling hecklers say about the Yamaha Bolt displayed in this catalog showing off all of the great ideas various manufactures have for you to and your new Bolt. Dont be shy (I know you wont) heckel away hound dogs!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 305
If any style of bike is suited to being a "bobber", its a cruiser IMO.

I don't see anything too absurd about this one apart from the fact it will spit crap all over your back from that exposed rear wheel.

It's a real pile of shit. Ruined a brand new bike and pushing some of the worst trends in building.

Yes they increased the angle on the stock rear shocks to lower it. Looks like a permanent mod too. That paired with the raked triples will really reduce handling to what you would expect from a harley instead of a yamaha. Not good.

Yes the rear fender is stupid. So is the front fender. Oh wait, it doesn't have one.

One inch of padding on the seat.

Pipe wrap on brand new pipes. Ugly, heavier, and corrosive. Get your kit today!!

The exhaust does not match the bike.

Super neat weirdo trick air cleaner.

Yamaha would never approve of this.

That's one reason right there I don't even need a J&P catalog. There are many others.

Overall look is ugly as fuck imo.

The only hope is that the engine is strong enough to slide the rider back on takeoff, suck his nuts into the tire, and render him incabable of reproduction.

That seat and rear end is just stupid and doesn't even look good.

I'm not sure but I think the upper rear shock mounts are a bolt on, not a frame mod.

Stock:

Attachments

• yamaha-bolt.jpg
    yamaha-bolt.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 310
See now to me that with a bit more sink in the seat is a good town cruiser, nice and low but can see over the bars good, controls fairly relaxed... yep Yamaha comes up with some good ones, always has.

canyoncarver said:
I'm not sure but I think the upper rear shock mounts are a bolt on, not a frame mod.
I looked at it for quite a while too cc, in my eyes the upper mount has been moved forward an inch or so, maybe 2. It becomes really apparent when you look at the frame tube that wraps around the side cover under the seat in relation to the upper shock mount. Also those must be stock shocks because otherwise they'd be in the catalog. Ya, they're the same shocks, and the swingarm angle is a dead giveaway that the rear has been lowered.

Yes the stock Bolt is awesome in almost any trim. Yamaha had a dealership competition that produced a lot of nice customs, some that were truly drool worthy.

Looks to be Bolt On...
http://lowandmean.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypagelm.tpl&category_id=170&product_id=332&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=60

Redbird said:
Looks to be Bolt On...
http://lowandmean.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypagelm.tpl&category_id=170&product_id=332&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=60
Ok well that's honestly not so bad then. Still to low to handle well but being reversible, can't really complain too much.

And you know what I also completely misinterpreted what canyoncarver said the first time. I though he was saying they werent modded at all.

Obviously I just read whatever the fuck I want to then say shit about it, I guess. It's awesome.

Lol, either way they did some dumb stuff to a nice bike. Maybe a few years down the road folks will be looking for these used and it will be slightly easier to un-fuck them. Here's to hoping.

Back
Top Bottom