75 CL360 Cafe Build

Re: 71 CB350 Cafe Project

Started up the bike for the first time this evening. Got a bit teary eyed, theres something about bringing a dead bike back to life. Deffinitely one of the most beautiful sounds ive ever heard. ;D
Also ordered a mini speedo from mikes xs that arrived today, so ill install that soon, along with a new speedometer cable and brake cable. Its all coming together.

Finally got some time to do a bit of work on the bike. Made a bracket for the rear fender, aswell as cutting the fender in half. Also made a bracket for the brake light and indicators. Mounted the mini speedo aswell which came out great. Still waiting for the new speedo cable and front brake cable. Then all thats left is the rearsets and mufflers if i chose to put them on. Sounds wicked without them :eek:

cb350 cafe

Attachments

• bike headers.jpg
    bike headers.jpg
    430.9 KB · Views: 423
  • plate bracket.jpg
    plate bracket.jpg
    266.5 KB · Views: 383

pics of whats been done

Attachments

• bracket2.jpg
    bracket2.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 379
  • guard bracket.jpg
    guard bracket.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 372
  • speedo mount.jpg
    speedo mount.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 393

this thing turned out great man. really dig the rear set up you made. bike sounds good too. i rode for maybe 2 weeks without mufflers because i liked the look so much but eventually gave in and made some baffles for them. your ears and neighbors will thank you ;) again great job.

Nice job. Did the painter have any stories when you got your parts? I always wonder if it's booking more work than you can do or lack of interest in some projects.

Thanks, really appreciate it ;D . Yeah attracting the wrong kind of attention isnt good either. Ive got a 'look' ive got in mind. Ill either make my own or modify a pair similar to what i want.

CBdublin said:
this thing turned out great man. really dig the rear set up you made. bike sounds good too. i rode for maybe 2 weeks without mufflers because i liked the look so much but eventually gave in and made some baffles for them. your ears and neighbors will thank you ;) again great job.

No stories. Just small town attitude i guess so they can take their time. Could also be because the guy is a family friend so youre not really a priority.

wfo guy said:
Nice job. Did the painter have any stories when you got your parts? I always wonder if it's booking more work than you can do or lack of interest in some projects.

Footpegs/rearsets arrived today. Big update in the next few days ;D

Got the rearsets on. They look awesome. The kickstart doesnt miss them though, so i might have to get a cb360 kickstart as i heard that will work fine with these particular ones.
Ran into some "technical issues" with the wiring. One of the wires inside the headlight was shorting and melted through the insulation tape all the way to the ignition switch, so i had to pull everything off. Replaced the burnt wire and after putting the harness back on and plugging all the wires back, there seems to be a spare wire (female) wich doesnt have a wire to go with it. Topped off with a non working brake light which may be the culprit of the lone wire, but i have a hunch the problem lies at the ignition switch. Fun times await me :)

Got the wiring all sorted. I took the bike out for a spin last night for the first time, and it runs perfect ;D Big smiles. After 10 months of work, all thats left is extending the mufflers so the rearsets miss them. And of course registering it.

Attachments

• angle4.jpg
    angle4.jpg
    305.1 KB · Views: 360
  • Side1.jpg
    Side1.jpg
    323.1 KB · Views: 387

Photos

Attachments

• angle1.jpg
    angle1.jpg
    363.9 KB · Views: 379
  • back2.jpg
    back2.jpg
    446.5 KB · Views: 367

The bike looks great! How is the sound with those mufflers? I want to get a few but am afraid they will be ear bleedingly loud.

Bike is looking great! Been following the build for a little while now, love the colours.

Not sure if you've had a look at yours, but I have one of those mufflers on my Honda postie bike and when I pulled out the removeable baffle, I found there was hardly any fibreglass packing around it (literally one, tiny scrap with some wire wound around it!). I bought some from my local auto muffler place, packed it in tight and it sounds heaps better! Much deeper but without the sharpness to it.

Well done again on the bike.

Thanks for the compliment :D . I just slipped them on for the photo. I got a couple extention pipes from the exhaust shop and had them bent 30 degrees. I havent clamped the mufflers on properly yet, but Ive started it with them just fitting loosly and its a lot quieter with the extended pipes. Ill put a video on as soon as theyre clamped on.

Juggernaut said:
The bike looks great! How is the sound with those mufflers? I want to get a few but am afraid they will be ear bleedingly loud.

Thanks for the nice words and advice. I havent pulled the baffles out, but ill deffinitely play around with it at some point. Like i said to juggernaut, theyre much quieter with the extended header pipes i slipped on. Ill deffinitely take a look at your page :)

kelvis said:
Bike is looking great! Been following the build for a little while now, love the colours.

Not sure if you've had a look at yours, but I have one of those mufflers on my Honda postie bike and when I pulled out the removeable baffle, I found there was hardly any fibreglass packing around it (literally one, tiny scrap with some wire wound around it!). I bought some from my local auto muffler place, packed it in tight and it sounds heaps better! Much deeper but without the sharpness to it.

Well done again on the bike.

Heres some pics of the extended pipes. I plan on welding a few nuts on the inside and bolt it on rather than use clamps. Have to find a chroming place for the new pipes too. :)

Attachments

• extention pipes.jpg
    extention pipes.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 359
  • exhausts1.jpg
    exhausts1.jpg
    362.6 KB · Views: 375

love it, great work (just for your info, i'm stealing your "plate/brake light/indicator bracket assembly design") just thought you should know ;)

Back
Top Bottom