Re: First build-CB350F- Project CB350 F/CR

Corsair

Not a Purist...just Traditional
I'm probably doing this the hard way, but........here goes. My first build is a '73 CB350 Four starting with only the frame, which happens to be in great shape. I'll be buying parts & building as finances and time allow. I'm going for a classic cafe racer look, with a quarter fairing, clip-ons, and bum-stop seat. Undecided on color at this point, and engine mods will be minimal (just filter pods and a 4-2 exhaust). Here's a shot of the frame......

179178_3593381760909_1673975876_n.jpg

Re: First build-CB350F- Project Rapier

Painted. Nice job, too....A shame I'll have to ruin it when I start cutting off tabs and such! ;)

Corsair said:
Painted. Nice job, too....A shame I'll have to ruin it when I start cutting off tabs and such! ;)

Well in that case it's a god thing it wasn't powder coated!

cool man, i started wit a whole bike but went down to the frame anyway. i wouldnt say its the hard way, just different. might be better. who knows.. have fun with it.

Good luck my friend! Let us know if you get stuck. I've built up two of these I love em so much. Here's a pic of my 350 frame with a 400 heart transplant:

IMG_4704.jpg

Thanks fatherjon. I don't want to hijack corsair's thread. I'll keep watching for updates!

Good luck finding your bits and bobs for that Corsair - One of the old classic car restorers here In Aus I know has been building a TRiumph like that, for 10 years!! he's got all the big stuff finally, just all the little bits he needs, bolts and brackets and such :p

Thanks all for the encouraging words.......Will post pics as I get stuff done.

@Owned....no worries, A guy who can build a bike that nice can hijack this thread anytime!

Re: First build-CB350F- Project CB350F/CR

fatherjon said:
cool man, i started wit a whole bike but went down to the frame anyway. i wouldnt say its the hard way, just different. might be better. who knows.. have fun with it.

Count on that!

Question re Forks/rear shocks......Looking for suggestions re: how much spring I should put in. I'm about 210 lbs, and I plan on this just being a fun corner carver.

Ay good sources or suggestions for spring rates?

Thanks!

Attachments

• CR_frame 3a 002.JPG
    CR_frame 3a 002.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 289

GOt a little design work done this weekend.....Got the tank from the UPS guy on Friday and mocked it up on he frame. I'll have to change the front mount to get it sitting where I want.........Also got gauges that I'll clean up and re-face...Still trying to decide if I need to use the tach or not.

Anyway, here's a pic .......

Attachments

• design_mockup_2 001.JPG
    design_mockup_2 001.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 313

Corsair said:
Thanks all for the encouraging words.......Will post pics as I get stuff done.

@Owned....no worries, A guy who can build a bike that nice can hijack this thread anytime!

Turns out I must be very lucky, I have two excellent bike salvage yards in the area and I've had no issues getting stuff on eBay as well.....

Re: First build-CB350F- Project Scimitar

New pics.......started the frame mods the other day........

Attachments

• frame_mod2.JPG
    frame_mod2.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 310

even more pics... first is mod of tank mount...second, inside of tank, third, more mods to tank mounts

Attachments

• frame-mod1.JPG
    frame-mod1.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 272
  • Tank 1c.JPG
    Tank 1c.JPG
    890 KB · Views: 277
  • tank_mod2.JPG
    tank_mod2.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 279

Just an update.....

I've been gathering parts as I can afford them....Most of the rear brake system has been purchased, waiting for them to arrive. Picked up a rear wheel that I hope I can clean up, otherwise it's just good for mockups. As soon as I get the kit, I'm going to de-rust the inside of the tank (electrolysis) and modify the mounts to fit the 350F frame.

More coming soon....

New pics from this weekend....

Got the frame de-tabbed and started dressing the welds. Also, with some help from Von Yinzer, Kanticoy, and Frogman, got the tabs on the CB200t tank off and finally got the tank mounts sorted out.

Some shots;

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 277
  • 002 (2).JPG
    002 (2).JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 248
  • 004 (2).JPG
    004 (2).JPG
    1 MB · Views: 255
First build-CB350F- Project Scimitar

RE rear shocks I put Hagons from Dave Quinn on my 350f build He spent considerable time with me on the phones getting the right spring rate.

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=38636.20
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom