"Drewski's h1a/750"

Drewski

"Invictus Maneo" - I remain unvanquished!
DTT SUPPORTER
DTT BOTM WINNER
Man, our Projects have more twists and turns than "The Tail-of-the-Dragon". :eek: :eek:

This is now, "Drewski's h1a/750". Seaglider has moved on to the FBG Tracy h2 Monster Project. I's a beaut!! :D

O'k... all you guys and your R5/RD/RZ Projects... listen up!! ;)

We need to get some "Two Stroke Balance" back on the Forum!! We need another Kawasaki Triple Project here!! ;D

So... here we go!

The "Brother" (Seaglider) and I needed something to do for the next couple of years now that the Mongrel is pretty much done. :D My "bike fund" has been pretty much drained by the Mongrel, so Seaglider is manning up with his wallet! That said, we're gonna try to make this a budget build, using a lot of what we have laying around my place to get mobile. It won't be made with the "best of the best" but I think it'll be fun just the same. Plus, this way, there will always be something to improve upon! ;)

The bike is really for Seaglider... I have my Two Stroke Fix in place... he needs one! ;D

So, without further delay, here is what we're starting with:

1971 Kawasaki 500 h1a Mach III Triple frame, bodywork, triple trees, stem, swing arm and a title!! 8)

DSCF8411.jpg

DSCF8412.jpg

DSCF8413.jpg

I've got some matching aluminum 18" rims and front forks that will serve nicely.

DSCF8417.jpg

DSCF8418.jpg

I also have a set (several, actually) of Wirges chambers hanging around. They'll do until one of us snaps... and orders a set of fat chambers from Walms! :eek:

DSCF8419.jpg

Found some rear suspenders too! :)

DSCF8420.jpg

This is really a "work in progress" style-wise so it's difficult to say this will be a "cafe" project as such. It will likely have flat, drag bars to start with, stock seat, rear fender, tail light, etc. We're definitely not looking to build a pristine, showroom condition, original. Even the stock bits likely won't be "stock". The fenders will likely be painted instead of chrome, as will the rear passenger grab bar.

You've probably noticed I haven't mentioned the engine yet. That's cause I always save the best for last! ;D

We're gonna wedge a 750 Triple in that space below the fuel tank!! 8) According to my sources, the h2 mill will slip right in there with very little modification. Bonus!! ;D The only catch is that the engine is currently in several boxes waiting to be rebuilt. :p I was saving this one to build a real "nutter" for the Mongrel. That's gonna hafta wait, so well go fairly mild... unless someone changes my mind. ;) ;D

Engine pics will follow as it emerges from the boxes. :)

So there ya go.

Jump in with kisses, comments, critiques, harsh words... whatever...

I still love you! ;) ;D

Re: A Drewski/Seaglider Production

My buddy 750 powered drag bike started as with a h1 frame i think the motor fits pretty eazy

what the hell ill watch ;) now do something already haha

bradj said:
My buddy 750 powered drag bike started as with a h1 frame i think the motor fits pretty eazy

what the hell ill watch ;) now do something already haha

Haha!! Look at you!! Shouldn't you be bashing on a tank or something?? :eek: ;D ;D

This is awesome Brother, we definitely need another triple build!

Drewski said:
Haha!! Look at you!! Shouldn't you be bashing on a tank or something?? :eek: ;D ;D
i brought those tanks into this world ill take them out if they get outta line sometimes dead is better you should build something bonkers like this

Attachments

• DSCF1658.jpg
    DSCF1658.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 413

bradj said:
i brought those tanks into this world ill take them out if they get outta line sometimes dead is better you should build something bonkers like this

Haha... "Brad the tank killer"!! 8)

I don't think we're going to go "wild" any time soon. The Mongrel is wild enough for me thank you very much! :D

Well... maybe another 25-35 horses some day. ;)

Stoked for another triple!
You know, for how many triples are out there, I'm surprised there isn't more of them on DTT.

I gotta agree with brad, go BIG!!

I'm thinkin' you guys would want us to do a little of this:

framebrace.jpg

I mean... the frame is nakid, needs paint...

Might as well, eh?? :eek: 8)

Oh cool, count me in

Tuning in!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Like it! Make that bike handle and it will be perfect for Little Talledega in the fall (Barbers). Have many fond memories of my "production" roadracer 750H2. If you continue the theme of a Sleeper with body work and frame from the 500, the end result should be a real killer surprise at the stoplights.

Wow, thank you all for the support and encouragement! 8) I hope we can give you all something worth following. :D

The plan for now is to keep this project to a reasonable budget. We all know how THAT usually goes. ::)

The idea is to keep the body work as is, with a little "spit and polish" to retain the original "patina" so to speak. That means we'll keep the "500" decals. We don't intend to mislead anyone... ::) It might give us a... ahem... slight initial advantage . ;D

nice! those aluminum wheels are cool! you gotta splurge on a set of WTF'S

trevor said:
nice! those aluminum wheels are cool! you gotta splurge on a set of WTF'S

Haha! Ya, I'd love to get Walms busy on another set of pipes, but we're gonna go with what we've got hanging around for now. ;)

Lots of choices for later! ;D

I'm glad to see those aluminum wheels headed back on the road. They worked well on the h2! 8)

Drewski said:
O'k... all you guys and your R5/RD/RZ Projects... listen up!! ;)

We need to get some "Two Stroke Balance" back on the Forum!! We need another Kawasaki Triple Project here!! ;D

I was thinking the exact same thing about all the RD's and what have you's, my T500 project has been the odd one out. I think I might have to move it back to the cafe section from the specials where it is now.

Will follow this one closely, 750 sounds like a lot of fun.

We'd love a set of these...

DSC08453.jpg

... however I don't think we can afford 'em just yet. ;) Unless Seaglider unlocks the wallet!! ;D He's gettin' plenty worked up about riding this thing and making it special, so...

You never know! ::) ;D ;D I'll keep you all up to date! :D

Back
Top Bottom