"Drewski's h1a/750"

Re: A Drewski/Seaglider Production

Getnjgywitit said:
Sign me up! I'm in on this build! I know a set of WTFs are coming though. There is no way you post that many pics, talk about them that much and then say you are going to put Wirges on it. You know and I know, those aren't the best pipes! I'd love a set of WTF pipes on my bike, but the Denco Stingers will have to work for now. After I get Moo to work his magic on my 500, I'll top it off with a set of WTFs. That's the dream at least. I'm digging your builds man!

Haha!! Well... you told me off now didn't ya!! ;D ;D

Don't get me wrong "Jiggy", I love my WTF's!! We just don't have the coin for 'em right now... and we're not sure which style to go with!! We'll bide our time with the Wirges for now and see where this all goes after she's on the road again! ;D

Moo does some great work on the 500... no doubt about it!! :D I considered having him tweek my 750, but ran out of $$ (seems to be a common problem for me! ;) ).

Thanks for following along. :) I dreamt about all this for a long time too!! Don't let the dream die!! Keep workin' on it!! It'll be worth it!! 8)

Short update:

1) Dropped the frame, swing arm and shocks off with the fabricator/welder yesterday. We're gonna work with this to add some strength and rigidity.

framebrace.jpg

Some of these braces are already in place.

Adding a slightly longer, sturdier swing arm to carry the wider wheel and tire. Laying down the upper shock mount too.

2) Sending the crank off to the crank builder! 8)

That is all. ;)

Stopped in to see Trev and check out the progress. ;)

The work looks great! About 1/2 of the head stock work is done. He needs to modify it a little to get the tank to fit better. The "X" brace is done and so are a couple of braces at the back of, and below the tank.

Looks great! 8)

What no pics sad sad days these are ;D

What?!
How did I miss this build dude?! Lol

Need some welding? I can help as well if you need.

DreadRock said:
What no pics sad sad days these are ;D

Ya, sorry. I knew I'd catch it for that! :eek: I'll try to make up for that. ;)

RustyOlive said:
What?!
How did I miss this build dude?! Lol

Need some welding? I can help as well if you need.

Thanks for the offer Rusty! 8) Trev is right in my neighbourhood! I think we're gonna have a very beneficial friendship! ;D

Dropped by the shop and Drewski gave me the crank....the plan is I'll be ordering the seals and sending it out NH Cycle to ensure we have a good foundation for the rebuild. Things are moving along ;D ;D

Getnjgywitit said:
Drewski, are those the old Denco instructions on bracing the frame?
You are correct Getnjgy....he mentioned the source was Denco the other day.

Seaglider said:

Quite correct! :)

Seaglider said:

:eek: :-[ Doh! I must have missed that one. Half the time I'm on this forum while at work and I skim through things a little fast as I'm trying to do a few things at once or not get caught! HAHAHA!

Getnjgywitit said:
:eek: :-[ Doh! I must have missed that one. Half the time I'm on this forum while at work and I skim through things a little fast as I'm trying to do a few things at once or not get caught! HAHAHA!
Jiggy you probably didn't miss anything....when I said he "mentioned" the source that was probably in a conversation or in a note or something, not in this string. That diagram looks like it came off the back of a napkin :p ;D I'm sure many viewers might be curious on the source :D we could call it a cadcam drawing from the 70's ;D ;D

Got some cutting and welding done!! 8)

Head stock... check

IMG_1172_zps662c0877.jpg

"X" brace... check

IMG_1176_zpsae31d514.jpg

Narrowed and shortened swing arm... check

IMG_1175_zps8021aa81.jpg

More to come... :D

Rear view:

IMG_1174_zps75ac3a27.jpg

This is gonna change a bit when the shocks get the "lay down" treatment. ;D

More pics soon!! :D

Drewski said:
Rear view:

IMG_1174_zps75ac3a27.jpg

This is gonna change a bit when the shocks get the "lay down" treatment. ;D

More pics soon!! :D

Nice work, it looks excellent! One question though, why are you laying the shocks down do you need more wheel travel or is it just the look you are going for?

Johnu... good question! :D

Honestly, it's mostly to get a "period" look. :) Back "in the day", many layed the shocks down to get a more progressive and slightly softer shock/spring action. I believe the travel is a little longer too. For me... it's all about the"look"! Haha! 8) If there's a practical advantage, I'll take it! :)

Gonna pick up the completed, modified frame tomorrow. 8)

It feels like Christmas Eve! ;) ;D ;D ;D

Back
Top Bottom