HONDA CM400 '81 -> 450 cafe racer (DUTCH)

NDG NL

Hi guys,

I'm Niels from the Netherlands. I have a '81 Honda CM400 which is becoming a cafe racer.

The build began with stripping the bike.

This was the first moment for me that I was sure this bike (not popular at all) can become a great bike.

Naked bike?

I fitted a Benelli Mojave tank, clip-ons and a mono-shock of an CBR600

I didn't like the way it looked. To straight. With some tape and welding wire I created the right look.

Also we started with the technical aspect of the bike

We fitted a 450 cylinder

And also the piston brackets of the 450

That's really quite impressive, these bikes aren't usually on the receiving end of heavy conversion. That engine is definitely a torquey lump though for it's size/weight. I hope to see your plans fully fleshed out. I have a feeling it will spark more people to start their own CM based build.

Letze said:
That's really quite impressive, these bikes aren't usually on the receiving end of heavy conversion. That engine is definitely a torquey lump though for it's size/weight. I hope to see your plans fully fleshed out. I have a feeling it will spark more people to start their own CM based build.

Thanks, I know, over here it's the same. Not I much liked bike at all. But even originally it didn't drive bad at all.

Can you explain what you mean with torquey lump? Translation in Dutch doesn't come out well ;) You probably mean that it's a heavy small cc engine without much power.. ???

Back
Top Bottom