OI! Never ends - need a late 70's / 80's XS650 rotor or two

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
Turns out they also changed the rotor offset in '77, along with the caliper design.

So I need a rotor - would take 2 if available. They're one-piece vs. the earlier two piece design.

Rotors off an XS750, 850, 1100 would also do the trick I think.

Tintin said:
Turns out they also changed the rotor offset in '77, along with the caliper design.

So I need a rotor - would take 2 if available. They're one-piece vs. the earlier two piece design.

Rotors off an XS750, 850, 1100 would also do the trick I think.
xs750/850 are smaller, so no good. I do have an 1100 sitting in the garage. If you want to check it against the one you have, let me know, Doug

Doug - I think the 1100 would be a match. Let me know what you'd like for it. Any other 1100 brake bits kicking around?

Afraid not, i did consider putting the 1100 front end on my bike at one time. I have only the one rotor, which i believe to be the same as the 650. I do have two old calipers, which may or may not fit, but they require new pistons. Partsnmore have them i believe, but i don't need them at the moment

Well, the rotor for sure would be very useful and the calipers might come in handy. I just managed to get a 1980 caliper as luck has it on eBay for a good price, but it might be in need of some work also. I'm tempted by another, which is the left caliper for an XS850 which from what I can tell, is a match for a dual disk setup. Not committed to dual at the moment - just need brakes.

Let me know how we can make something work for the rotor and calipers if you want to get rid of the set.

Tintin said:
Well, the rotor for sure would be very useful and the calipers might come in handy. I just managed to get a 1980 caliper as luck has it on eBay for a good price, but it might be in need of some work also. I'm tempted by another, which is the left caliper for an XS850 which from what I can tell, is a match for a dual disk setup. Not committed to dual at the moment - just need brakes.

Let me know how we can make something work for the rotor and calipers if you want to get rid of the set.
$30 covers what i have in them. Be careful with 850 calipers, there are two types, one for the standard and one for the special, they mount differently. You probably want one for a standard.

Sounds good - just let me know when a good time to meet would be. I can ride out sometime this week and haul the bits home in my pack.

I am at McCowan and Finch, but i am working at Scrivenor Sq. this week. Evenings or weekend may be best. I know you work not too far from here, but i am away early am. Let me know what you have in mind.

Maybe this weekend or an evening this week. I was just out at my office tonight dropping off my hubs/rims that I'm taking for polishing tomorrow (wife has the car this week).

If an evening this week works for you, I'm happy to come out that way.

I live near High Park. What time of day are you in the downtown area? I take the subway to/from work so could swing downtown pretty easily on my way in the morning or on the way back.

If you can be at 25 Scrivenor Sq. around 4.30 Thurs. or Fri. That's when i will be leaving to go back up to Scarborough.
I will probably be working Sat and Sun. too if that helps. :'(

Doug - weekend might end up being easiest, or I can come out to Scarborough one evening. I checked and getting to you from transit will be tough.

Sure - that would be great. I'll confirm with the boss what times are good - let me know from your end when you'll be around. Saturday should work for me.

Tim, i will be down there for 9am. I will probably leave around 4.30/5.00 Let me know what is best for you

Doug - I'll come by pretty soon - around 12 I figure. Hope you get this.

Sure thing - I drove by (only a short drive from the house) but of course didn't realize the address was a complex and would be impossible to find you.

Not sure exactly what time I can be there, but I could easily come first thing in the morning. Just need to know how to find you when I get there.

Tim, if you can be there at 9am, i will be driving a green Plymouth Voyager. I have to park underground when i go into the building.

Back
Top Bottom