Axle Mounted License Plate Holder

I know here, in Edmonton, you cant get away with anything, even a tilted plate. It has to be centred at the back of the bike, not tucked in anywhere, not vertical, has to be illuminated... On and on it goes. Same with fenders, law says it has to extend past the rear of the tire... Laws, wheres the fun in that.

hi mate just to add my two penneth of thought n idea got ribbed for my plate but like i say it may be shite but its my shite haha :p ::) :-*

Attachments

• DSC06268.JPG
    DSC06268.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 529
  • IMAG0364.jpg
    IMAG0364.jpg
    947.3 KB · Views: 227
  • IMAG0350.jpg
    IMAG0350.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 201
cafechris said:
I had a bike with the plate mounted in a position that was 'approved' by a worker at the local DMV. Well the officer did not agree that it was visible within ____ ft. ( I do not recall the BS he rattled off) and I received a ticket. My advice, mount it where you think it will be acceptable by the powers that be and then find a nice cop (I understand this may take some time!!) to look it over because it is his/her judgement call at the end of the day....
Local vehicle regulations are usually available online. If not, a trip to your local DMV should net you a set. These would be what I would follow for any mods you make to your vehicle in regards to legality. This way you'll know what you can or can't legally do. And if you get wrongly ticketed for a "judgment call", the regulations are what you'll need to fight the ticket in court.
This way you won't have to cry about it and blame "DMV Guy" or "Officer Onlyniceoneontheplanet" for poor advice when "Deputy Allofusareassholes" writes you a ticket ;)

This is all good information to know. Also, it sounds like a lot of you have had run-ins with these type of officers...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1sttimer said:
I'm just curious, but I've seen bikes that folks are googly-eyed over that have mounts on the swingarm that extend above the tire. Wouldn't that see similar forces?

Just keep in mind a lot of those bikes see about the same amount of road use as a push mower. Every now and then they go down the driveway and back.
The problem with most of the bikes that people are "googly-eyed" over is that they are all designed to a certain look. Most often this "style" throws ridability out the window in favor off "That bike looks sick!" comments at bike shows.

I can't understand why people would want to attract more attention to their bike from the blue menace by mounting their plates and tail lights in places that have low visibility.
A cat eye tailight with a plate mount under will set you back around $30 on fleabay and looks a hell of a lot better in my opinion.

1sttimer said:
Also, it sounds like a lot of you have had run-ins with these type of officers
One. In almost 30 years of driving, I've run into One.
It's been my experience that when someone keeps running into Bad Cops, they should consider the common denominator ;)

Redbird said:
One. In almost 30 years of driving, I've run into One.
It's been my experience that when someone keeps running into Bad Cops, they should consider the common denominator ;)

I hated cops. When I was an underaged boozehound who hung around drug dealers and got into fights all the time. ;)

Since I've cleaned my act up a touch and learned to play the game a but better, they've pretty much all been ok. Tolerable at worst, downright awesome at best. For example, I took a cb350 I just picked up on a little test ride... No registration, no insurance, title in someone elses name... You get it.
Anyhow, about a mile from the garage it shut down on me (loose wire). Right after I unknowingly passed a parked cop at about 20mph over the limit. He pulled up, watched me try in vain to kick the bike over in 80° heat and only asked one question.
"What year is that"
"It's a 72 officer".
"Hmmm. Pretty cool. Slow it down next time".
Away he went.

VonYinzer said:
I hated cops. When I was an underaged boozehound who hung around drug dealers and got into fights all the time. ;)

Since I've cleaned my act up a touch and learned to play the game a but better, they've pretty much all been ok. Tolerable at worst, downright awesome at best. For example, I took a cb350 I just picked up on a little test ride... No registration, no insurance, title in someone elses name... You get it.
Anyhow, about a mile from the garage it shut down on me (loose wire). Right after I unknowingly passed a parked cop at about 20mph over the limit. He pulled up, watched me try in vain to kick the bike over in 80° heat and only asked one question.
"What year is that"
"It's a 72 officer".
"Hmmm. Pretty cool. Slow it down next time".
Away he went.

Ha! That's awesome.

I know a lot of really good cops that have a TON of good stories, sometimes better stories than I've heard elsewhere. One thing stands consistent between each I talk to: each says that if they got in a chase with a bike, they wouldn't even try to catch them because the person's life is too precious and it always ends in tragedy. Ever since I heard that perspective I have a new found perspective for them. Except for that dude that gave me a ticket on Christmas Day in my Jeep XJ. That sucked. There's always exceptions :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom