WTB cb550 cut frame pieces

bergers

Looking for the cut ends of a frame for a 74 cb550, the pieces that mount the rear fender and rear seat that are usually cut for a cafe build.

Attachments

• 2016-03-03 11.02.41.jpg
    2016-03-03 11.02.41.jpg
    357.4 KB · Views: 243
do you need them to include the shock mount, or can they be cut right behind the shocks?

I'm ecstatic too see this thread.

He's gonna want everything behind the shock mount.

And so it begins.

As much as possible behind the shock mount. Someone hacked my frame pretty badly to the point that no matter what I do, theres going to be some worked involved. Here's mine the way it looks:

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 867
Thanks, definitely running stock seat and probably bobbed stock fender. I couldn't figure out any other way to dress up the end of the bike to my liking the way it was.

Attachments

• 20160221_203658.jpg
    20160221_203658.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 227
  • 20160221_203703.jpg
    20160221_203703.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 227
When you find the back end, which you will if you keep trying, post a thread in the cafe project section on how to save a bike from hipster hell.

Hate when they hack the frame. I have someone coming to look at my untitled frame tomorrow. If it doesn't sell i'll chop it up, it's already in poor shape.

I am going to be doing a custom frame on mine mono-shock anyways, so I can cut this part off for you.

if you can take a straight edge over top of your frame aligned with the centerline of the shock mount studs, and measure how far behind centerline they are cut, I will cut mine off for you. I can even make a quick little jig for it that connects to the shock mounts so that when you weld it to yours it's exactly correct.

focusinprogress said:
I am going to be doing a custom frame on mine mono-shock anyways, so I can cut this part off for you.

if you can take a straight edge over top of your frame aligned with the centerline of the shock mount studs, and measure how far behind centerline they are cut, I will cut mine off for you. I can even make a quick little jig for it that connects to the shock mounts so that when you weld it to yours it's exactly correct.
YES!!!

I think I would just fab the back half out of drop stock... It's not hard and it's not a rare bike so it likely wont be in a museum.

I think Hurco has a frame, he would likely cut all you need off and scrap the rest for a fee.

focusinprogress said:

That would definitely work, I can get a measurement by tomorrow night. I don't think you'll have to make a jig, I think I'm going to sleeve the inside of the two pipes so that way they'll be parallel/concentric, so that the distance can't be wrong because the shock mount sheet metal from the two will have to match up.

nicks2319 said:
Hate when they hack the frame. I have someone coming to look at my untitled frame tomorrow. If it doesn't sell i'll chop it up, it's already in poor shape.
I appreciate it but I'd hate see a good frame hacked, you could always get a title from VT for it.

focusinprogress said:

I just measured, at best there is about 5/8 of an inch past the shock mount centerline at the top of the angled cut

Tune-A-Fish said:
I think I would just fab the back half out of drop stock... It's not hard and it's not a rare bike so it likely wont be in a museum.

I think Hurco has a frame, he would likely cut all you need off and scrap the rest for a fee.
Just saw this. my frame went through "hipster hell" before I cut the whole back off to do the hardtail. Not much worth saving lol

bergers said:
No one has these pieces sitting around?

Pretty unlikely - any hipster who's going to hack those bits off is going to throw them straight in the bin.

Do you have the seat and fender you want to fit? It's not that hard to weld some tubing on (or even a hoop) to mount your fender to.

Back
Top Bottom