Sears-Allstate Puch 125

Got word from my upholsterer that the seat is done. Now I just the time to go and get it...

Painted up the front fender. The metal is not in the greatest of shapes, but itll do.

IMAG0387_zpsk9ufkbvi.jpg

IMAG0386_zpsufhfcc1p.jpg

Got the seat back from the uphosterer

IMAG0395_zpsaaqlqqxb.jpg

IMAG0396_zps3rimp59j.jpg

IMAG0397_zpsqk2wses8.jpg

Im happy with it. The red is a perfect color match to the red im using on the frame and other stuff

Havent updated this in a while. Ive been splitting my time between the Puch and my CL175.

Frame is off to the sandblasters, and while its off, ive been painting!

IMAG0445_zpsivepirjn.jpg

IMAG0444_zps0ktwdyby.jpg

IMAG0446_zpsuihpjled.jpg

Swingarm and chain guard all painted and assembled!

IMAG0448_zpsr0p9ofkb.jpg

IMAG0447_zpsrm6ntclx.jpg

Rear fender and tail light housing

Once the frame is back, ill paint it and start reassembling! I'm excited to see this coming together :)

Frame is back from the blaster. I have primered, and painted it. I may throw some more clear on it, but I'll see what it looks like after is dry.

Also got some new rubber on the rims. They look super nice. And I polished the front brake hubs.

So close I can almost taste it!

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk

Home stretch! Lou is back in town for a couple weeks, so I'd really like to finish it for him before he leaves again

Today was the day. Lou came and picked up the little Puch. Hes going to be displaying it at the Old Pueblo Trolley open house. They do restorations of old city buses (think 20's and 30's). Apparently there's going to be some sort of classic car show as well.

Anyways, hes incredibly happy for how it came out. and so am I. Though, i really wish i had more time to hunt down those hard to find parts. Maybe he can keep an eye out for them.

Heres the pics of it loaded up on his motorhome:
IMG_20160521_074657_zpskkvmvufr.jpg

IMG_20160521_074623_zps2biyxj73.jpg

So, just in comparison:
beforeafter_zpsoyx0foxq.png

Thanks guys! I had the Sears badges, but they were HUGE! In the end I just left them off, if Lou wants them I'm sure I could find them. There was a few things I couldn't find to complete the bike.

He is planning on keeping it. He bought it YEARS ago, from a friend of his in NY. It sat in a field just rotting away, and he really wanted to ride it, so I know he wont sell it anytime soon. I also know that once he takes it for a spin he will absolutely love it!

When he saw it, he just kept touching his chest and smiling. He's totally over the moon with it :)

Akastus said:
He is planning on keeping it. He bought it YEARS ago, from a friend of his in NY. It sat in a field just rotting away, and he really wanted to ride it, so I know he wont sell it anytime soon. I also know that once he takes it for a spin he will absolutely love it!

When he saw it, he just kept touching his chest and smiling. He's totally over the moon with it :)

That must have been a shear joy for you restoring it when you saw that :) ;)

Akastus said:
Thanks guys! I had the Sears badges, but they were HUGE! In the end I just left them off, if Lou wants them I'm sure I could find them. There was a few things I couldn't find to complete the bike.

Maybe a set of these lol

181451812467_1.jpg

And this just in front of the filler cap

816A4pwL8RL._SY355_.jpg

Akastus said:
Yeah, it felt good to see that.

I've done work,restorations for folks and they were too busy 'nit-picking' while they were paying me to actually enjoy what i had done.I'm glad this one was a win/win for you ;) ;D

Back
Top Bottom