Let's see your Garage / Shop

One of the perks of living in California is the weather... Not too often where I can't go out and get something done. Just sucks I have to go out there to do work, I miss being able to work in my dad's shop.

I've got a small 9x10 workshop that is usually for amp building... but now it has my bike stuffed in it. This spring I plan to pick up a 12x20 shed to extend my shop to fit.

CALfeRacer said:
One of the perks of living in California is the weather... Not too often where I can't go out and get something done. Just sucks I have to go out there to do work, I miss being able to work in my dad's shop.

My plan is to sell 85% of my junk out'a storage this year and check out a cheap 1 bdrm.(the cheapest one I can find) apt. complex in Dixon,CA. I'm an old dude and hoping to find one there because $ is Very small.
Do you know anything about Dixon? I was also considering Woodland..

James Hart said:
I've got a small 9x10 workshop that is usually for amp building... but now it has my bike stuffed in it. This spring I plan to pick up a 12x20 shed to extend my shop to fit.

A 12 x 20, that's decent space;I have a 10 x 20 storage unit I rent 5 mi. out in the country and I keep everything I own in it and also work on a few bikes here and there.I got my 2 roll-aways & a bench in there.I was looking for a storage w/ AC like I had back when I lived in VA. for a few years... none to be had around here.

CALfeRacer,
I like the CB125 in your avatar,what motor do you have in there now ?

grcamna5 said:
My plan is to sell 85% of my junk out'a storage this year and check out a cheap 1 bdrm.(the cheapest one I can find) apt. complex in Dixon,CA. I'm an old dude and hoping to find one there because $ is Very small.
Do you know anything about Dixon? I was also considering Woodland..

Dixon why its not cheap go south off hw 5 much cheaper

grcamna5 said:
A 12 x 20, that's decent space;I have a 10 x 20 storage unit I rent 5 mi. out in the country and I keep everything I own in it and also work on a few bikes here and there.I got my 2 roll-aways & a bench in there.I was looking for a storage w/ AC like I had back when I lived in VA. for a few years... none to be had around here.

Good to know! I'm looking to rehome my tablesaw, drill press, mower, trimmer, etc etc etc... but also set up my mechanic tools and bike stuff. I figured 12x20 (or maybe 12x24) wood shed will suit me. I'll be insulating and drywalling it as soon as I can. Hopefully I can work it into my spring budget, I have a LOT of home improvement stuff I'm in the middle of.

grcamna5 said:
I like the CB125 in your avatar,what motor do you have in there now ?
Thanks! It's the later 2 piece head, bored out to 135. It was gonna need to go a bit over anyways to clean up the cylinder and I was able to score a NOS big bore kit on eBay for a good price.
The head was rough when I got it, so I was looking for xr motors up to 200cc but couldn't find any around me for a reasonable price at the time.

cobraace2 said:
you get to Sac metro and most of east bay +SF within an hour .

SO like 15 miles right? haha You folks from Cali always judge distance in increments of time.... "oh its about an hour and a half from here" haha kills me, but its how it is, what takes an hour at 5pm takes 5 minutes at 3am.

Well, it looks like I'll be posting pictures of changes I am forced to make to my garage.

I will need to basically "chop off" 2 bays from my steel building, and relocate it from the back to the front of my block building.

It's going to involve these steps:

1. Pour an extension to the front driveway to square it off
2. Relocate 22 bikes mostly to an uncovered slab, a few crammed in the block building
3. Take down 2 of the 3 bays including roof, 2 overhead doors, standard metal door, lighting & power
4. Re-erect the 2 bays in front of the block building, basically covering up the existing 2 overhead doors and extending out 30'
5. Build a new 30' steel building wall with the relocated standard metal door at one end
6. Re-install the 2 overhead doors
7. Re-wire overhead doors, lights & power, with new breaker panel
8. Re-trim all roof and corner edges
9. Relocate back yard fence 20' in
10. Relocate front fence with double vehicle gates 30' out

The fun starts tomorrow; I'm still detailing the construction plans on AutoCad, compiling the Bill Of Materials, and getting quotes for labor & materials (although I'm doing a lot of the work myself)

Thankfully, the boss is lending me one of the "cherry pickers" (bucket trucks); that'll make the steel erection pretty easy.

I can get to New Mexico in 12 hours, Oklahoma in 8, Louisiana in a little less.

Everywhere else is farther.

An hour and a half, and I'm still in Webb County!

This is a pic I took last Summer(now I have a Bunch more M/C's & parts in there) of 'my workspace' i.e. a 10' x 20' storage locker in the country,no elec. or heat so I need to get in there SOON and spend a lot of time there and Finish my 3 project bikes which are still all apart;I don't even have a daily rider until I do.

Attachments

• 621.jpg
    621.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 276
I'm have the garage... Then I have the studio...

73ccafe8036230ada1571559ee7c96c5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom