washingtonians

New member here as well, just picked up a '80 cb750. Looks like I'm gonna need some spark units. Also this thing hasn't ran for at least 9 years...the throttle seems frozen. I anticipated having to rebuild the carbs.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

nateb said:
New member here as well, just picked up a '80 cb750. Looks like I'm gonna need some spark units. Also this thing hasn't ran for at least 9 years...the throttle seems frozen. I anticipated having to rebuild the carbs.

Are you sure it's the carbs and not the throttle cable? they rust up. You may be able to just clean the float bowl, the gas evaps then leaves a sludge that if not cleaned out plugs up the jets passageways etc. At least try it first and new filter from tank so you don't get rust.

steveinwa said:
Are you sure it's the carbs and not the throttle cable? they rust up. You may be able to just clean the float bowl, the gas evaps then leaves a sludge that if not cleaned out plugs up the jets passageways etc. At least try it first and new filter from tank so you don't get rust.
It was the carbs. I've probably spent 6 hours easy on them so far. Still have some cleaning to do. My tank surprisingly looks brand new inside. I'm also going to need new manifolds as these are hard as a rock and don't hold the carbs anymore when clamped.

I'm doing a 80 cb750 lostinmiself. I do love the snow, it equates to motorcycle parts for me!! We should get together to talk projects. Pm me.

2ef2f35ce11a359f73467277c6d02cb1.jpg
828066f6ad0987d77a6355172ecdd19a.jpg
1f733f6f0a803fa624714bb5192f75af.jpg
new exhaust. 4/1 stainless Delkevic.

Just picked up a new toy, haven't even seen it up close till this weekend.. Will have to decide whether i'm keeping it like it is as a bobber type bike or going completely old school with a sissy bar and springer front end.. I am leaning towards the latter though!

Attachments

• Photo May 13, 12 12 21 PM.jpg
    Photo May 13, 12 12 21 PM.jpg
    652.8 KB · Views: 290
Back
Top Bottom