M-Unit trouble.

Pat383ram

I had the M-unit working but now just the "lock in" and "Aux out" are lit up. Really confused and would appreciate a little guidance if anybody is feeling helpful. Thanks!

Possible short circuit. Remove all of the other wires and try hooking them up one at a time.

Also, disconnect the main battery line to the positive input and then reconnect it.

Ok! did that and found the problem to be in the wiring of my high low beam switch to the M-Button! Ok so I think this switch isn't grounded properly. I have three wires coming out of it, Baby blue (at bottom)/Brown w/ White stripe (at middle) and solid White (at top). I guess I'm a little confused as to which of these three go to the M-Button wire marked "light", and which one goes to ground. And that would also leave one without a connection. Thank you guys so much, I have gotten this far with all the help!

If I remember correctly, there are a couple of different ways you can set it up in the m-unit config, but the default is to toggle between the two every time the light wire is grounded. A momentary push button (like the style your horn or starter button uses) would be the easiest. If that's not a preferred option, wire the headlight main wire to the light input on the m-unit and then wire the output high from the dimmer switch to ground. Low remains unconnected to anything. Now, whenever you switch to high beam and back, it will change between high and low.

Back
Top Bottom