DO THE TON Mama Tried V Oct 2014 - Barber Vintage Festival

Maritime said:
I want Yeungling. and lots of it. I can't get it up here and I have aquired a taste for it. I am trying to figure out how to bring back a few cases on the gl.
Sunday afternoon, take all your dirty clothes and box them up. Then fill your bags with beer, and ship your clothes home ;)

Redbird said:
Sunday afternoon, take all your dirty clothes and box them up. Then fill your bags with beer, and ship your clothes home ;)

;D ;D

There has been some talk and interest in some of us having a track day the Thursday before Barbers at the nearby Talladega Grand Prix Raceway. I am trying to get a pretty solid count of how many people would really be able to and want to do this. The cost would depend on how many people sign up. Hopefully we could keep it down to about $100 per person. Everyone participating would need to be able to be in Talladega Al . early Thursday (8:00am) I might be able to get us onsight camping Wednesday night as well. You would also need to have one or two piece leathers or textile suit that zips together, gloves, boots,full face helmet. Bike in good working order with at least nearly new tires. Let me know if y'all are REALLY interested and I will get everything planned. You can check the track out at www.tgprace.com . If you have any questions let me hear them!

Ugh, I would love to do that but all 3 requirements knock me out. I won't get there until Thursday Night. I only have a leather jacket, and I need a new rear tire.

cyclefreak said:
There has been some talk and interest in some of us having a track day the Thursday before Barbers at the nearby Talladega Grand Prix Raceway. I am trying to get a pretty solid count of how many people would really be able to and want to do this. The cost would depend on how many people sign up. Hopefully we could keep it down to about $100 per person. Everyone participating would need to be able to be in Talladega Al . early Thursday (8:00am) I might be able to get us onsight camping Wednesday night as well. You would also need to have one or two piece leathers or textile suit that zips together, gloves, boots,full face helmet. Bike in good working order with at least nearly new tires. Let me know if y'all are REALLY interested and I will get everything planned. You can check the track out at www.tgprace.com . If you have any questions let me hear them!

I would definitely be interested but don't have race leathers.
How much do they run?

cyclefreak said:

Whoot!! My brother (Seaglider) and I just booked into "DTT Mama Tried V Central Headquarters" (Hilton Perimeter Park, Birmingham, AL) this morning!! We'll be down there Thursday morning some time. We could be tricked into arriving a few hours earlier and booking a track day!! ::)

Put "Team Toronto" on the preliminary list! ;D

The only other issue would be a list of requirements the track needs for the bikes to pass a safety inspection. 8)

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE ACTUAL RACE LEATHERS. A textile suit will do. The big thing is that they attach together if it is a two piece. We aren't planning on this being any kind of actual race, just a day where you can ride faster than you can (legally) on the street in a safe environment. (There will be an ambulance/medics at the track, another requirement) Anyway the price range for track suits or textile suits varies greatly. But you typically get what you pay for. Cycle gear has some cheap ones just don't expect the quality of a suit like a Dainese or Alpinestar.

You can add me to the prelim list as well.
Having attended several trackdays in the past, I'm equipped for the occasion.

[quote author=Drewski link=topic=61081.msg701571#msg701571 date=140656362

The only other issue would be a list of requirements the track needs for the bikes to pass a safety inspection. 8)
Tech inspection will be left up up to us. Myself and Neal will probably be the ones doing that. We are planning to keep it as simple as possible. No fluid leaks, no parts flapping in the wind, etc. No safety wiring required. But we do need to make sure the bikes that go out are relatively safe.

cyclefreak said:
Drewski said:
So if I ride mine from NB to AL 1800 miles and arrive at the track in one piece I should be ok? My tire centers may be a bit low as I will be on freeway for most but there will be lots of side tread left ;D.

SONIC. said:
I would definitely be interested but don't have race leathers.
How much do they run?

Justin I got a joe Rocket Jacket on ebay for 40 and Armoured pants I think they are fieldshear?? for 45 delivered used but like new. The zippers don't match but I just need to choose one or the other and re-sew the other half on and I have a suit for less than 100 US.

I wear an aerostitch roadcrafter two piece suit that other instructional track days have approved. I would definitely be interested.

Mike if your tires are say about 75% tread when you get here you should be fine. And for the track the sides are more important than the center.

Cool, now I need to see if I can get 1 more day off and an extr 100. I'll know more closer to the date.

cyclefreak said:
Tech inspection will be left up up to us. Myself and Neal will probably be the ones doing that. We are planning to keep it as simple as possible. No fluid leaks, no parts flapping in the wind, etc. No safety wiring required. But we do need to make sure the bikes that go out are relatively safe.

Yup, that's cool! 8) We've been to track days here in Ontario, so your set-up sounds very similar. Do you tape-up/remove the lights and signals?

We have all the personal safety gear and our bikes can be prepped ahead of time. 8)

Back
Top Bottom