Need a jack in Nova or Maryland area..

Ribo

Twist the "go-go" side and hold on!
If anyone in NOVA or Maryland area has a cheap old jack I'd be very interested.

I just need something that works and is trust-worthy other than than I don't really care. So long as it will get the bike high enough to drop the forks.

If your bike has a center stand put it on it, then have someone sit on the back and shove a cinder block or something else under the engine to hold the front wheel off the ground.

VonYinzer said:
Hang the front off of a rafter with a ratchet strap.

No rafters in my garage unfortunately else I would have. I might try and prop it up, just not sure I'll get it high enough that way and was hoping to do it more "professionally".

I set my ts250 on a large cooler to pull the forks the other day. All my bike tables are taken haha

SONIC. said:
I set my ts250 on a large cooler to pull the forks the other day. All my bike tables are taken haha

Hmm, not sure my XJ650 might crush my cooler but I might be able to find something... going to watch so MacGiver on ClooTV to get some inspiration...

So here's a dumb question - the pipes run under the bike on the XJ650 - if prop the bike up on a jack or even a cooler etc from underneath all the weight is going to be on those pipes.... can they take it or will it crush them?

I would go to a junkyard and buy 2 scissor jacks, they are in the trunk of every car. Should be about $5 each.

The lifting part is pretty narrow so maybe you can get them between the pipes, ideally you would lift on the frame tubes, if that wont work lift carefully on the engine case. Two jacks will be more stable than one.

Powderfinger said:
I would go to a junkyard and buy 2 scissor jacks, they are in the trunk of every car. Should be about $5 each.

The lifting part is pretty narrow so maybe you can get them between the pipes, ideally you would lift on the frame tubes, if that wont work lift carefully on the engine case. Two jacks will be more stable than one.

Not a bad idea - thanks man - maybe even 3 jacks for stability...

TheCoffeeGuy said:
i use a 2 X 4 and a rock.

I assume you mean a 2x4 between the pipes - how do you stop it falling sideways off the rock and how do you even get it on the rock in the first place?

Back
Top Bottom