My Favorite CB550 Ever

18Bravo

I didn't know where else to post this. Occasionally Huze will post something worthwhile...

http://cyrilhuzeblog.com/2016/01/11/cb550-styling/#more-152248

That bike is full of the suck.

Like the solid 1.5" of fork travel up front.

Besides the foot warmer pipes, useless front end, and "vintage" tires what makes it full of suck? If they did the rear suspension properly (sounds like maybe they did?) then I don't really see what else is shitty about it. Clip ons, but it looks like they did rearsets properly, looks like all the cables were done properly, and it looks good too.
Not trying to be a smart ass, but I'm genuinely interested what makes you guys think that. Since DOHC and J-Rod both have a bit more experience than me ;)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Only because I'm poor......born poor, live poor, will die poor......unless we win the power ball.

35 of us have pooled our money......10 bux each.

Shit tires. Velocity stacks, no rear inner fender to keep shit from being thrown in to them. 1.5" max of suspension travel. No fork brace, or fender up front. Just running open headers.

What good is "upgraded" rear suspension if the front bottoms out each time you hit a pebble? If the front was raised to a rideable height, the rear would have to be completely reworked.

It looks nice, and I'm sure that was all it was ever meant to do. But that is an unrideable motorcycle.

It's got nothing to do with being rich or poor. :eek: ::)

I'll make fun of it after dinner. Actually though J rod covered most of it while I was posting this

Nobody has to agree with anyone.

That powerball is mine

I really like this quote from the article:

Contrary to most custom builders who don’t like to talk much about their creations

Alrighty. I would not word this quite so harshly towards a forum member but I'm gonna let it out. No goosfraba on this one.

Pipes are nothing less than retarded.

Made it look fast but did nothing to make it fast. Boner move.

Dirt suckers on the carbs. A Princess for Pictures she is no doubt.

Can't stand the newest trend surfacing of letting the tank ride on top of the seat. Skills lacked is the only reason this is trending. It raises the rear of the tank at least an inch thereby reducing fuel capacity. Bravo.

The overpriced tires are actually worse performers than the tires honda used in 1979. That takes a special kind of stupid.

The riding position is attrocious. Rearsets are way too high, seat height is way too low.

Swing arm is too long, tires are too tall. These could fall in the category of opinion.

No protection from water and road debris. The front tire that sits about 14" from your face while riding has no fender at all. No rear fender leaves a skunk stripe up yer back in a slight drizzle. That's probably ok though because the fairy that buys it never rides in the rain anyway.

Front end is admittedly "super stiff" and has almost no travel. Obviously the geometry is closer to algebra, and apparently they still haven't figured how to solve for X.

That's all for now. :-X I'll add a few more big mistakes to the list tomorrow. ;D

CALfeRacer said:
The rearsets might work if the customer has short legs ;D
Yep, nothin like building a customer to fit the bike ;D

That raises another good point. A pro builder does not build a generic hipstermobile in hopes to sell it to the next dummy that walks by. If one is a pro builder customers come to him before he even starts building the bike. All else claiming to be pros are living in a fantasy world. This bike is pure amateur shit from front to back.

CALfeRacer said:
The article says they were approached by a customer to build the bike
Well I tell ya what I missed that. Feel sorry for the little guy ;D

Wonder what they charged him for the wall hanger. ::)

Yeah, he must be pretty short. It looks like the girl sitting on it in the picture might be too tall for it

To be fair it probably doesn't need a fork brace - those forks are so short they couldn't possibly flex.

And the swingarm looks to be stock length - it just looks longer because of the missing twin shocks.

Still can't believe someone paid money to have that shitbox built.

I need to get in that business. $10K for a shit bike that never gets ridden. That has to be easy to build.

J-Rod10 said:
I need to get in that business. $10K for a shit bike that never gets ridden. That has to be easy to build.
With your skills you could build that bike in a couple weeks.

Could put together 4 or 5 guys from DTT and start a TV show, build a few bikes and sell adds with no middle man... Use a pile of go pro cams and have a grinder girl :eek:, in a year when the next show comes along just quit and be happy with a year of fun and some free marketing.

I'm too old and fat, But I know some people in the marketing biz for a cut!!

Back
Top Bottom