The new Harley "street"!

Soltesjoey350

21 years young, 1972 Honda CB350.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=msFh-lYAtBE
Looks like a pretty sweet bike, I might have to get it as a daily when it comes out 8)
What do you guys think?

Harley is finally catering to the young Hipster crowd to try and stay competitive in the market or go bust. The 500 will run around $6700, the 750 around $7500. They are 60* V instead of the 45*V like the older Sportsters, rare water cooled and both e 500 and 750 weigh the same at less than 500lbs (480wet). I'm surprised there is an $800 difference between the two when the only difference really are the barrels and pistons.

HD_RevolutionX_custom.jpg

This custom version ain't so bad. I'm digging the pipes.

o1marc said:
Harley is finally catering to the young Hipster
why is it a problem they have spent a hundred plus years catering the older hipster crowd. "i want this to look vintage but have a warrenty", " i want to be seen in this jacket", " i decked out my dynaglide with all the chrome i could with out breaking a seal on my legend of a motor" give me a break all you fucks are alike
Its all the same incert the words dcc, messanger bags, or single speed junk bicycles from the 80's, or cb350's
so please get off your driven by image oil leaking soap box

O1MARC YOU'RE A FUCKING DUMB ASS

The pick above looks cool, but imagine the riding position with the peg location. ouch lol

Man, what a looser comment. Go out for a ride or something....
O.p., fuck other peoples opinions, do what makes you happy....

o1marc said:
Harley is finally catering to the young Hipster crowd to try and stay competitive in the market or go bust.

That's hilarious! Harley has more market share in the US than all other motorcycle makes combined, while having one of the higher priced offerings. That's like saying that Apple is struggling to stay competitive. Harley isn't just trying to stay competitive in the market, they are fucking defining the market!

o1marc said:
I'm surprised there is an $800 difference between the two when the only difference really are the barrels and pistons.

No different than the price difference between the Sportster 883 and 1200. Same engine, just bigger pistons. Any 883 can be punched out to 1200 using the original jugs. The upsell is how Harley makes money.

Nope, im right
the hipster movement is no different than the hd craze that been going on for years image image image ill bet harley makes more off skull t shirts than bikes. Sorry if it hits alittle close to home, write to fx maybe SoA can do a show about it and kill 50 hipsters mid day in a small town street and get away with it.

01Marc,
A fucking dumb ass is one that is unable to spell words such as, warranty and insert. Or perhaps too stupid to figure out spell check!! His dislike for a brand does not correlate to one's IQ. Just saying.

didthetonatten said:
A fucking dumb ass is one that is unable to spell words such as, warranty and insert. Or perhaps too stupid to figure out spell check!! His dislike for a brand does not correlate to one's IQ. Just saying.

I can't type or spell for shit when I'm drunk, either. ;)

They look like a tremendous pain in the ass to maintain, which is weird for a Harley. I'm interested to see how they hold up in the long term.

I hope that they get popular enough to drive some later model sporty into my price range.

Brad, I know you love hatin' on the Harleys, and the Harley riders, as you perceive them. I guess you know different Harley riders than I do.

Yeah, I've been to the local Hooters bike nights with the Harley foot-draggers, whose only ride is to the occasional bike night. They put maybe 1,200 miles a year on their full blown touring bike, but have never ridden far enough away from home to sleep in a Hampton Motor Inn. They bash on Jap crap and will brag that they've never owned anything but a Harley. Yep...posers and polishers.

I know a different kind of rider. Most of them have ridden all their lives. Most of them rode a number of different bikes before they bought their first Harley. That's where they settled in, finally finding the perfect motorcycle. You never hear them trash talking the Jap bikes. Rather, they will reminisce about the Jap bikes they owned before they bought a Harley. Some of them still have a Jap bike or two in the garage that they ride when the mood strikes them.

A couple years ago, I met up with a forum group of Harley riders, called The Road King Riders. They weren't all on Road Kings. They weren't even all on Harleys. I was the only one on a vintage Jap bike. I was given a rock star reception when I arrived in Utah, 2,500 miles from home on a 30 year old Suzuki 450. I wasn't the only one who had ridden over a thousand miles to get there, either. There were 60 bikes in the group altogether, and about 70 people. We spent a week riding the fine roads of Utah, visiting Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon, and Grand Canyon North Rim. Yeah, these people are not the polishers and the posers that you are so fond of making fun of, and there certainly are plenty of them out there. However, there is a strong contingent real riders out there who put more miles on their Harleys every year than you probably have ridden in your whole life. A lot of them are past middle age, that is true. Not because they didn't ride, or at least want a Harley when they were younger. Now they can afford it, and are either retired or have enough vacation time that they can go on month long motorcycle trips. These are the guys that you don't notice, because they are not trying to be noticed. They just ride, and they ride one of the most reliable machines that you can hit the road on. If they do break down, there is a Harley dealer nearby that will tow their bike in, and have them back on the road in 24 hours. Try that on a Yamaha. Fry a stator on a road trip, and you are often looking at three weeks just to get the part. May as well rent a truck to get your bike home, because your vacation is over. That is, after you have paid for a 100 mile tow to the nearest dealer, who will look at your bike as soon as he can in the next week or so.

Rich Ard said:
They look like a tremendous pain in the ass to maintain, which is weird for a Harley. I'm interested to see how they hold up in the long term.

Time will tell how they hold up, but I imagine that they will be quality machines.

Of course, anytime you add a cooling system, you are adding complexity, obstacles to service, and a whole other critical system to fail. I have seen it all with liquid cooled bikes...leaking gaskets, o-rings, hoses, pump seals. I've seen stuck thermostats and malfunctioning fans. Those are ALL failures that can mean a trailer ride for your bike, and all failures that Harleys have not been subject to in the past, (except for the VROD, of course, but nobody bought any of those.) ;)

Blah blah blah... Who gives a flying fuck about any of it? Ride, don't ride. Harley, not Harley. New, vintage, whittled out of petrified dino shit. Fuck it all. Go do what you want. Someone else takes offense, oh fucking well. Motorcycles used to (to me at least...) be about fucking motorcycles. Building cool stuff, riding, friends. Nowadays, it's all cliques and cliches it seems. The whole fucking thing is quickly becoming a giant waste of energy. Again... Fuck it.

VonYinzer said:
The whole fucking thing is quickly becoming a giant waste of energy. Again... Fuck it.

And yet, there you are, expending energy to express that. Why? It would be easier if you just STFU. Oh, I guess I forgot about the part where someone here must have forced you to read this thread, and then someone forced you to post your lame-ass opinion about how lame-ass the thread is. Sorry to have inconvenienced you, Your Highness.

No electrons were harmed in the posting of my opinion, though quite a few may have been inconvenienced.

Back
Top Bottom