Moto Girl Cafe

cafetbird

Bound for the Playground....
Hey folks:

My girl Robin (aka Bobcat here) is working to set up a web space to support women who ride motorbikes. It is called MotoGirl Cafe. The web page and You Tube site will be up soon, and right now she is building awareness via a FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Moto-Girl-Cafe/533899729978824

She is a fledgling bike builder and a cafe bike rider. We'd appreciate your support be throwing a "like" her way to help her get the word out. Also, if you can tell all the female riders in your life to come and say hello it would be appreciated!

I've always thought women riders don't get enough kudos by the industry and other riders. What do ya'll think?

My wife and four girls and I are on board. Find some jackets that aren't built for twigs with off-the-shelf breasts by lacquering sequins on buffalo skin and you guys will be able to retire to a private island.

4eyes said:
Liked it on FB a while ago. Good luck! ;)
'
Me too, I like the stuff she is putting up and like Ard said, and I have also seen posted all over, find someone to make gear that fits a woman without tribal/glitter/angels and you can likely retire in a few years. It took us ages to find a simple, black textile jacket cut for a girl to fit my wife that didn't have tassles and HD or swirly pink paslies all over it.

I agree. Basic gear that fits well and works well would be a good start...

Also a line of makeup that effectively deflects bugs, and doesn't attract them.... lol. Hell, I might wear that even. ;)

regrettably I don't know many female bikers these days [ !! ], but I'll do what I can to get the word out.

Strange - got me thinking to "back in the day" [ doesn't take much these days ! ] - I cannot recall ONE female rider during my active time in the 60's. Plenty of pillion riders, scooter pillions etc - but no riders / owners amongst the Cafe Racer crowd.

Oh ....... retract that first statement ....... my next door neighbour is a biker. Ex. Austrian Special Police force - 6' 4" and built like the proverbial masonary outhouse. Her honeymoon involved flying to the US, buying a GBFO Harley [ one each ] and riding route 66 ! They brought the bikes home and after a few years got into serious off roading. After 3 years of riding the R1150GS off roaders, they have just bought his and hers watercooled GS1200 trail / off road bikes.

Odd, isn't it? It seems in the pre-war days there were lots of women riders. I see photos of women dispatch riders during the war, the Van Buren sisters - all kind of stuff. Maybe they were just a side show.

Now, we have women racers up and coming at Isle of Man, MotoGP, AMA. Hopefully the tide is coming back in!

cafetbird said:
Odd, isn't it? It seems in the pre-war days there were lots of women riders. I see photos of women dispatch riders during the war, the Van Buren sisters - all kind of stuff. Maybe they were just a side show.

Now, we have women racers up and coming at Isle of Man, MotoGP, AMA. Hopefully the tide is coming back in!

Yes - there was young German rider last year in Moto3 [ name fade ] - who was initially dismissed as the "Token female", but as the year progressed put in some excellent results - power to her.

Maritime said:
'Me too, I like the stuff she is putting up and like Ard said, and I have also seen posted all over, find someone to make gear that fits a woman without tribal/glitter/angels and you can likely retire in a few years. It took us ages to find a simple, black textile jacket cut for a girl to fit my wife that didn't have tassles and HD or swirly pink paslies all over it.
I like mine but I went with the lesser of the evils... black with white swirly shit on the back. Figured I won't be the one looking at my backside, so whatever. But all the other ones I found were pretty terrible. Rhinestones and such. Ugh.

haircuttergirl said:
Figured I won't be the one looking at my backside...

Ya know... It's no fun when you send slow pitches right over the plate ::) :p

Back
Top Bottom