Lake gairdner

All about to happen again. My 150cc ace is registered for Australian speed week. Event is run by "dry lake racers association " please feel free to visit their website and find more out about my sport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Orrible!

Good luck with the salt racing and trust that you are fighting fit now!. I would love to try it - Looks awesome! Realistically, do you think that your 150cc ACE can top 80mph? It would be interesting to see what a 250cc ACE could achieve. Make sure to take loads of photos!

Good luck Orrible.
and to quote Mad Max 1, "speeds just a matter of money - how fast do you want to go"
Have a good go and enjoy it.

Certainly cost me a quid this year with the accident. . Top end is off the old bike . Cam to come out. Rear tyre to change over and true wheel( bigger bearings on 2015 rear wheel). Front wheel to swap. Re done the loom, just needs connecting. Should have it running for a test ride by the end of next weekend. Then if the budget allows, trip on dyno.

10fe4fe0420ca798a5d36e34eea8177f.jpg

To aces in bits

d12b5bc8ba1fdeaa15ed4d55b81e1b30.jpg

Dash in, loom done, 1 day to go and then wheels go on( work gets in the way

getting closer to leaving for the trip. Got a motocross knee brace so should be ok..went to see surgeon on monday and won't be having surgery on knee. lots of physiotherapy should strengthen leg back up so, even though ligament is snapped and damage is done , i should be back to somewhat normal function as i am not a top level athlete i should cope ok without ligament..
fine by me.. so trailer is nearly closed in.bike is ready to go.....
camping gear stacked by the door..leathers checked,helmet in date, tyres in date, new boots and cameras packed. leaving on friday for the salt.
first 300 mile is on road and easy driving but last 100 mile is dirt and remote. can't wait to get going. one night at port augusta , through iron knob then out on the kingoonya road. this part is slow going but roads checked on the 18th feb by club members, is recently graded and passable even without 4wd.

Good Luck Peter :)

and to quote Mad Max 1, "speeds just a matter of money - how fast do you want to go".

Another similar quote from a VW Tuning Guide... "Speed costs money, how fast can you afford to go?".

Well I can't afford big speed but you can still improve things at low cost and with only basic tools. Motors are designed to be inefficient due to longevity . Go fast or go bang! I say

Back
Top Bottom