cb500t hard tail racer

spidergsgp said:
Did you make your starter plug or is that a purchased one?

sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, my sisters husband made the starter plug for me on his lathe, he even set a groove in it for the o-ring. I drilled the mounting hole offset so the plug could be rotated along with the mount. that gives you a little play to get the holes lined up. make the bracket so there's a gap to the plug, that way the tension keeps the plug sucked in. it's a super easy piece to make on a lathe, the hardest part is finding a lathe to play with. thanks

Beautiful work!! What can you tell us about those axle plates/dropouts? Where did you get them? Were they Purchased?

procimp said:
Beautiful work!! What can you tell us about those axle plates/dropouts? Where did you get them? Were they Purchased?
The dropouts were cut off a harley softail swingarm, those guys love to buy $700 chrome swingarms so you can pick up a stock one (preferably scratched) super cheap. like 20-40 bucks at a swap meet. we cut the dropouts off, cleaned them up an made solid stock bungs or posts to fit in the dropout and inside the frame tubing, did the same where we spliced the frame on the bottom rails. we also drilled a few holes in the tubing to get some extra penetration welds into the bungs. the angle is perfect with a slight stretch an is real close with zero so we used them, plus I've never been a fan of plate dropouts. anyway I'm babbling..... found a couple pics for you. go cut urself up sum harley bits

IMG_3327.jpg

IMG_3524.jpg

those are from a soft tail do not get a dyna or sporty or any touring bike, has to be a soft tail... great idea!!!

Sizes of front and rear?

I like the drum on the front for that minimalist look. I am going for something completely stripped down. Looks good.

rawfish said:
What brand and tire size are you rolling?

sorry I didn't get back sooner, moving.... brutal
anyway tires, I ordered them from dennis kirk

Front: Avon Speedmaster Rib 3.50S-19

Rear: Avon SM Mark II 4.00S-18

Do you like that rear tire? I cant choose between the old school look or new school performance.

moho said:
sorry I didn't get back sooner, moving.... brutal
anyway tires, I ordered them from dennis kirk

Front: Avon Speedmaster Rib 3.50S-19

Rear: Avon SM Mark II 4.00S-18
Thanks again! I really like the set up!

Very cool! I wouldn't have even thought about using the dropouts from a soft tail...hell, that's just a great idea and obviously it works. Nice!

Back
Top Bottom