cb500t hard tail racer

WOW!! this is the most amazing lil bobber project I have ever seen.. LOVE IT!! now I want one of those too... ;-) LOL

That is a sweet CB500, looking to pick up one for $100 and was thinking of doing a cafe, but I like what you did. Wish I had the welding skills. Keep the info coming...

I want to thank everyone for the posts, it makes me super happy to help out other builders or give them an alternate idea for there bike.
truly, that's why I barraged you guys with all the images.

and here's the most complicated way to paint your cylinders black. cheers

IMG_4150-1.jpg

Any info on your jig setup?

Also, any pics of that 4 wheeled lovliness sitting in the garage?

WOW nice truck. If i had the time, skill, and effort, I would want to restore a truck just like yours... i love black.

WOW!! gorges 57.
I owned a 56 back in high school on air bags.. chromed out straight six, four on the floor and sun oxidized gypsy red paint.. loved that ol'girl!! miss her a lot and wish I never sold her.. some day I hope to have another.

there's a brewery down the way from my work that uses a 57 for deliveries.. makes me miss my 56 more ever time it drives by me.. LOL http://www.steamwhistle.ca/ourbeer/grumpy.php

RustyOlive said:
WOW!! gorges 57.
I owned a 56 back in high school on air bags.. chromed out straight six, four on the floor and sun oxidized gypsy red paint.. loved that ol'girl!! miss her a lot and wish I never sold her.. some day I hope to have another.

there's a brewery down the way from my work that uses a 57 for deliveries.. makes me miss my 56 more ever time it drives by me.. LOL http://www.steamwhistle.ca/ourbeer/grumpy.php

Wow they have a whole vintage fleet. Thats crazy awesome.

How are those pipes working out? Is there a mount in the rear anywhere? Seems like road vibration would shake them off.

I have the same bike with stock(ish) pipes.

Thanks.

Hey man, you're pick up is Tops! You're getting me revved up to finish my 200 so i can get back on my Stude pick up!
Kev

Useful Idiot said:
How are those pipes working out? Is there a mount in the rear anywhere? Seems like road vibration would shake them off.

I have the same bike with stock(ish) pipes.

Thanks.

the long low straights have a little bracket mount on the rear an the cl450 pipes are bolted together with the stock heat shield, but essentially just bolted to the head. congrats on the 500t

I keep coming back just to look at the pics, very nice indeed!
Were it mine I'd have to go with the long low pipes, they really work for me.

If you don't mind, could you dish a bit on your carb setup?
Did you get them dialed in well? I've been toying with the idea of putting together a spreadsheet with carb/setup info for various bikes, and the 450/500T is obviously a popular platform.

Swagger said:
I keep coming back just to look at the pics, very nice indeed!
Were it mine I'd have to go with the long low pipes, they really work for me.

If you don't mind, could you dish a bit on your carb setup?
Did you get them dialed in well? I've been toying with the idea of putting together a spreadsheet with carb/setup info for various bikes, and the 450/500T is obviously a popular platform.

thanks swagger
the carbs are mikuni vm32 round slide
with straight pipes and small k&n filters
the jets I'm running are, 185 main, 30 pilot, an the needle's a 6dh7 with the clip on the top
I've tried 190, 180, 35 an 25's an if I could find a couple 6dh4 needle jets I would try those
the motor seems to run pretty strong with that setup, but I'm sure a hero carb guy could dial it in deluxe

That's perfect, thanks!
I'll add it to the spreadsheet...

Just to be sure I've got this straight:
500T, no mods except straights....correct?

Swagger said:
That's perfect, thanks!
I'll add it to the spreadsheet...

Just to be sure I've got this straight:
500T, no mods except straights....correct?

yep, straights an the filters.

Rock Star, thank you.

What's the over all weight like vs. when the bike was stock? You must have cut quite a bit I'd think, just looking at it.

Back
Top Bottom