'81XS650 used to be a chop. ♡♥♡♥♡

Re: '81 XS650 short chop - "Schizophrenic"

I am in for this for sure ;D

Thanks for stopping by fellas. Beer's in the fridge, pizza's in the kitchen. Enjoy the shit show.

I have some 19" & 18" knobbies in the garage. Just say the word and I can put some ice screws in them..... you can ride yearround.

Should be a nice tail - David at Voodoo knows how to build them, that's for sure.

1116226_10153265797750001_903147336_o.jpg

Tim said:
Should be a nice tail - David at Voodoo knows how to build them, that's for sure.

1116226_10153265797750001_903147336_o.jpg

Yeah... Just seems to be higher quality than the competitions hardtails. Plus, I know he builds complete frames (as you're wholly aware Tim, ha...) so it makes me feel a little better about how this and the factory frame will fit together.

I knew this thread was coming but just looked for it now. Three pages already and some cool parts on tap. Should be good.

clem said:
I knew this thread was coming but just looked for it now. Three pages already and some cool parts on tap. Should be good.

Hey Clem! Yeah, it should be fun. I work at the bar all weekend unfortunatly, so fitting this up will have to wait until next week. That said, the plan is to get the stock frame cut and the hardtail tacked up solid. Then when the tank, seat, fender and various mounting hardware is all in hand I can take the lot to good ol' Brads and have him assist in making sure all the important shit is solid so I don't die. Haha...

Once the frame and whatnot are welded up its onto paint, fabbing up a battery box, wiring and tuning. I'm taking the POs word that the motor is solid (though Ill do the obvious checks...) for now. It may not be the prettiest, but I'm crossing my fingers that I'll have a runner before the shit PA weather turns.

I bet we can get this to ten pages before anything happens to the motorcycle

Cool tank.

Haha, seriously though Mike. When are you headed to MD? If you can stand to wait til next month I'll go with ya.

Got this yesterday...

20130818_195804.jpg

Now I just need the seat and a fender...

Back
Top Bottom