Since everyone's getting new jackets...

t71ford

Over 1,000 Posts
I'll post up what I got in the mail today:

100_3071.jpg

Got it for cheap from Leatherup. Not the best armor, but hey, it looks real cool!

Whew, you had me going for a minute...I thought i had really screwed up! It is real leather (triple checked!), albeit not terribly heavy leather. It is a new Xelement jacket, so not a top line manufacturer, but looks the part. Seems to be well enough made, with sturdy zippers and snaps. Its really soft, and the dye work is pretty good. Even has some sewn in armor. Just needs a well placed dtt patch or two!

Sorry! My wife bought a couple pleather jackets for riding. While they look nice and fight the wind, I don't actually trust them on a bike.

No worries, I just thought I might have screwed up and not read the description correctly. I would not trust pleather in any kind of riding capacity, so i thought I might have just wasted a hundred and twenty bucks! :D

How was Leather up? I need to get a jacket by the time I get my bike on the road and was thinking getting one. Their prices are dirt cheap compared to other places. I was looking at one similar to yours in styling but more around 80 bucks. I have a pleather jacket I got for 25 bucks, haha, but the zippers broken and I doubt it provides more protection than a hoodie.

I second the question about ordering from Leather Up-I need to get something with armor, and their prices are definitely tempting. The jacket looks nice, especially for $120.

Leather Up was good great to deal with. The free ground shipping is like you would expect, but it is free, so I am not complaining... The rest of the order was as painless as can be.

The armor on this jacket is on the thin side, more like padding than armor. But I have an armored jacket for serious riding, and this would do in most cases, I think. The look and quality of the jacket seems to be good, though. The stitching is well done, and the zipper seems to be heavy duty. And all for a buck twenty, it is a good package.

That's good to hear. I found a jacket cheap locally that I'm trying to get, but if that falls through I'll definitely be ordering from leather up.

Back
Top Bottom