leather pants?

peter.walker

So I'm considering picking up a pair of leather pants for this season, preferably with knee armor. Jeans look cool, but I think I'd rather have the extra protection, plus the vintage racer look is pretty cool.

Anybody have good or bad experiences with leathers vs. jeans? What do you ride in? Leather up has some racer-style pants by Xelement that I can actually afford, anybody worn their gear?

what's your waist size?

I have some older Vanson leathers that are 34" waist that I was about to list... They aren't the sexiest things around but they are Vanson and very well made.

Only downside to leathers (apart from looking a bit gayish) is that they´re bit hot in the summer. That´s only a problem while stopped though.
I only ride in full leather, but I´m waiting on a good deal on kevlar jeans. It was -3C this morning and my leathers were still warm enough.

shift makes some kevlar reinforced jeans, think they were going for like 60-70$ on motorcycle superstore.com last time i checked them out, think they were on sale.

I wear both, plus I also have some mesh armoured pants for summer touring as well. TBH anything that's going to give you protection is going to be hot when you're wandering about off the bike. Let's face it when it's 90 degrees even jeans and boots and going to be warm...

I have two pairs of Kevlar jeans. One pair by Red Route that have kevlar like this
classic_jean_kevlar_logo_1246_large_yn9rk43g.jpg

And another pair by Hood jeans in the UK that are almost fully lined with kevlar,
para-aramid-jeans.jpg

Red route are lighter for summer but being a baggy fit I'm not confident that the panels would offer much protection. Nothing scientific just the feeling I get. I have total confidence in the Hood jeans but they get pretty toasty! Another plus for the hood jeans is that they have a long velcro strip sown into the lining which allows you to fit the armour exactly where you want it (Knee and hip) The red route has pockets and, for me, the armour doesn't sit right on the knee - but there's no way of altering it.

Leathers I wear these, Richa street:
Street%20trousers.jpg

I love them, comfortable fit, padded knees with armour pockets. Have a fairly classic look about them too. No knee pucks coz I ride like a grandma! ;) Yeah they're hot when you get off the bike but if I'm out riding it's not much of an issue as I don't spend much time off the bike!

Hope there's some info there that helps.

bbillington, I wear a 36 waist-they're all yours, lingo.

Thanks for the input, everybody! Definitely going to do some more research on the kevlar jeans, but leaning toward armored leather. I wouldn't mind a little bit of overheating in exchange for extra protection.

Back
Top Bottom