"Woody" a '75 cb750k cafe racer woodgrain paint. Done 4/15!

Re: "Woody" a '75 cb750k cafe racer. LOOK AT MY CRAZY PAINT :)

Reminds me of the days when men were made of steel and the motorcycles were wooden. Beautiful paint job!

Really cool, I like the black but I think a pearly off white or another antique color would pop a lot more. Really got something here!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

this is a really neat idea, and you gave myself another idea you can bring from the firearms world.

Rust bluing.
its an amazingly simple [but lengthy] process of turning rust into magnetite. its a durable finish that can be coated in boiled linseed oil to keep from further rusting.

i have rust blued a few parts, and the results are extremely beautiful. i havent taken any pictures, but heres a good example of before, during and after.
1907.jpg

NOTHING in the world goes better with wood then rust blued steel. so if your interested in doing a few small parts this way, just shoot me a PM. the cost for materials is less that $20,

dumbfounded seriously that tank and seat looks killer and i still cant get my head around how it works that well

wow, This is already amazing stuff. if you toss in a few brass accents w the wood and rust blue...

ronnie said:
Really cool, I like the black but I think a pearly off white or another antique color would pop a lot more. Really got something here!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I thought about teal and cream, but since I had already done the seat in black vinyl and it turned out decent I wanted to just go with black. maybe on the next bike though!

Keiff Hardcore said:
this is a really neat idea, and you gave myself another idea you can bring from the firearms world.

Rust bluing.
its an amazingly simple [but lengthy] process of turning rust into magnetite. its a durable finish that can be coated in boiled linseed oil to keep from further rusting.

i have rust blued a few parts, and the results are extremely beautiful. i havent taken any pictures, but heres a good example of before, during and after.

NOTHING in the world goes better with wood then rust blued steel. so if your interested in doing a few small parts this way, just shoot me a PM. the cost for materials is less that $20,

May have to take you up on that offer! I do have a buddy that does a lot of powdercoat and I've been thinking of doing some "chrome" powder and wrinkle black bits (cases, carbs, etc.) to go with it.

Wow!! :eek:

Truly unique and totally amazing!! Bravo!! 8)

Oil tank is getting made asap as I now have all the parts! I set the gas tank and tail on the bike to see what I'm working with. I will be repainting the front rim with actual catalyzed paint too. You can see the engine enamel started flaking off after a few drips from a the leaky old BMC

DSC_5517_zps2e50d16e.jpg

DSC_5524_zpsbfcdc02b.jpg

Should we do wood rims as well? Mabey too much, but just a thought. Great work.

Brass rims might rock with the wood.

Wow! looks awesome. I think the black wheels go great with the wood

Here's a pic without the flash now that the sun has dropped down a little.

DSC_5531_zpsd8b00216.jpg

Does it actually look like wood in real life? Because in these pictures, it looks completely like wood.

Yeah it looks super realistic up close, I'll get some pics. Here's a valve cover I did

461220_10100625802793099_587798343_o_zpsb0c085b7.jpg

I was expecting crazy paint but when I saw the first pic I knew it was dipped and not painted. It's amazing how many wild patterns are out there to choose from. That body work looks killer.

Back
Top Bottom