"Woody" a '75 cb750k cafe racer woodgrain paint. Done 4/15!

Re: "Woody" a '75 cb750k cafe brat

Yeah yeah yeah, I know ;) and I just couldn't hold back on the headlight for the bike. I built some crazy one off dual projector bixenon headlights for the green car there and my suv has a bixenon retrofit as well. I couldn't really tell myself "no" on this one either.

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... that head light is tits.

are you going to smooth the bucket out or will it always be textured like that?

I'm in the process of doing the rest of the bodywork now to make it fully smooth. I'll basecoat/clearcoat it black after that.

Ha, so awesome. Was wondering around hidplanet and seen the build. Nice job man!

I bodyworked and primed the headlight, I'm just waiting a little while til I need to shoot some other parts to paint it. In the meantime I've been working on the seat cushion and i welded on a battery tray and taillight mount- not the prettiest things but whatever. I hit the rear half of the frame with epoxy for now. I'll powdercoat it when I pull the motor. This paint does oxidize a bit so hopefully it'll blend in with the factory semi gloss in a few weeks.

DSC_4526.jpg

The 3D printer is awesome and the headlight looks well executed. Great job so far. Love the unique idea :)

...but go get some non-hacked-up spark plug wires :eek:

Yeah, I really should. But this was a cheap fix vs. my only other option which would be replacing the coils all together. I got the tailsection all trimmed up and it looks really sweet with the taillight if I do say so myself.

DSC_4533.jpg

With everything crammed in there- looks okay for spaghetti. I'll be replacing the fuseholder which is just dangling there with something better/buss fuses.

DSC_4537.jpg

DSC_4538.jpg

DSC_4539.jpg

the stuff under the battery is foam drawer liner. Need to replace that with rubber sheet LOL.

Just finished up the seat cushion. Turned out way cool, especially since this was my first time doing anything like this! Need to grab some velcro to get it to sit down all the way

DSC_4540.jpg

DSC_4542.jpg

DSC_4557.jpg

DSC_4548.jpg

DSC_4555.jpg

DSC_4551.jpg

DSC_4556.jpg

I ordered some headlight ears and once they get here the headlight should be going on.

Seat pad looks great.... I've got mine out to the upholstery shop right now... If mine turns out at least that decent... I'll be happy. (Though I've got something special requested for mine if he can pull it off...)

Seat looks great! Love the "street sign" pan... I might have to steal that idea :p

Thanks guys. I have a ton of fabric leftover- maybe I can put it to use somehow. I shot the headlight today. Had some single stage black left over from painting a gsx-r so I just did it with that. Turned out nice and flat and glossy. Headlight ears should be here in the next few days.

DSC_4565.jpg

I took off the upper triple and factory headlight ears, holy cow I was not expecting THAT much rust and pitting on the upper tubes. I really need to get another set, but for now I just wire wheeled them really good and hit it with some epoxy chassis paint. I wire wheeled all the crusty paint off the upper clamp and since I really like the bare metal look decided to coat the bare aluminum with some por15 glistenpc
DSC_4576.jpg

DSC_4577.jpg

I think I really need clip ons now... Drag bars don't cut it.

DSC_4583.jpg

DSC_4584.jpg

DSC_4585.jpg

Now everyone's favorite part... cleaning up and tucking the harness ::)

I connected the ballast just to see what it looks like. nice, and not too much glare above beam level.

DSC_4590.jpg

I ordered a set of cycle x clip ons. They were really cheap but look halfway decent. Anybody else have these? I figure I may have to change the front brake lever/master cylinder if they are short.

clipons are on along with a working BMC and lever. I may do rearsets, depends how It rides. I have some other things I need to do before it will be road ready though, like the brake pads, fork rebuild, and tire. Still way fun riding it around the neighborhood or to the store and back.

DSC_4609.jpg

DSC_4611.jpg

DSC_4610.jpg

DSC_4608.jpg

Bro! I don't know which one I love the most! Your cb 750 or your 240 sx :S
Nice machines the ones you have! LOVE your bimmer headlight and your seat turned out pretty well!

Back
Top Bottom