"Woody" a '75 cb750k cafe racer woodgrain paint. Done 4/15!

Re: "Woody" a '75 cb750k cafe brat

;) got a bleeder screw off of a late 80s Honda Prelude today at the junkyard. works just fine now.

Thanks for asking Juan. I starting making some rearsets and I will fab up the oil sump after that! I'll post some photos in a couple days.

FGKouki said:
Thanks for asking Juan. I starting making some rearsets and I will fab up the oil sump after that! I'll post some photos in a couple days.

I'll be waiting! Looking at your 240 I am really waiting for the end result of this bike

:D Thanks. The car's look is very unassuming to most people but very detail heavy with one off bits everywhere. I hope the bike has that same vibe when I'm done with it.

dsc4690g.jpg

oversized pistons, forged rods, arp main and headstuds, s13 cams, 57trim t4, custom intake plenum, equal length turbo manifold, 90mm throttle body, and all the supporting stuff.

dsc4043d.jpg

I knew something was going on down there! Thanks!

kouki kinda looks like my old one except I had a bottom mount turbo!! super sweet car

Thanks. Here's where I am with the rearsets. cut some 1/4" plate out on the bandsaw and put some radii on the edges and some pilot holes for the hardware. The bmx pegs will make the heel portion (may get smaller pegs) and I have an idea for the front. Need to make a trip to the hardware store to figure that out and to get some clevis pins or heim joints and threaded rod for linkage.

DSC_4716.jpg

You can probably use non-flatland smaller diameter aluminum BMX pegs and put some skateboard griptape around them!
(Tree sticks for example: http://www.treebicycleco.com/tricksticks/)

No real updates Juan, although the rear sets are mostly finished (just need the linkage). I've taken a bit of a break from it as it got cold out but should be back to work on it shortly. I really need to pull the motor and do the headgasket next.

I'm not really happy with the rearsets thus far so I've put that on the backburner... I hate looking at the bike without paint so I'm taking the plunge finally.

Sanded the spray paint off the tank with 80 grit. I didn't want to strip it all the way down since the paint under the spray paint was okay besides the terrible chopper flames
DSC_5416_zpse2116437.jpg

DSC_5417_zps568cd437.jpg

DSC_5422_zps0de87051.jpg

Filler

DSC_5425_zps47df5721.jpg

DSC_5426_zpsa905ce93.jpg

Filler blocked down with 120 grit

DSC_5427_zps65c12fcd.jpg

DSC_5428_zps86e59fbe.jpg

Epoxied it

DSC_5429_zps2f5b96df.jpg

Sanded the epoxy down with 220 and added some glazing putty in areas I didn't think the 2k will build enough

DSC_5431_zps837a34b4.jpg

DSC_5432_zps0d2b9d70.jpg

Ready for 2k

DSC_5435_zps9e476d91.jpg

2k!

DSC_5436_zps0faaab08.jpg

That's where I'm at right now. I'll be wetsanding then shooting the base for the special paint treatment tomorrow

The paint is almost done. I painted the side graphics and stripes today so now it's ready for 4 more coats of clear and a polish. Unfortunately it's supposed to rain the next two days so there will be a slight delay. I'm not going to post any more paint pics until it's done because it's just that cool and it's worth waiting to see at the very end, I promise.

In other news I ordered a mini speedo and got a new helmet and I'm building the custom oil tank now too. I also picked up a minty front fender that I rhino lined and put on.

DSC_5489_zps932caf98.jpg

DSC_5490_zpsdeff0049.jpg

I like it in black..............................sort of reminds me of mine...........which is a work in progress too.

But, I'm sure I will like it painted fancy, too, can't wait to see it.

I have an extra tank,side covers, headlight and fenders, so I can change it up when I get the notion.

And air box..............thinking of trying some different colors on it too.

Attachments

• P1020499 2.JPG
    P1020499 2.JPG
    167.8 KB · Views: 357

budlite282 said:
I like it in black..............................sort of reminds me of mine...........which is a work in progress too.

But, I'm sure I will like it painted fancy, too, can't wait to see it.

I have an extra tank,side covers, headlight and fenders, so I can change it up when I get the notion.

And air box..............thinking of trying some different colors on it too.

It looks good on your bike since you have all the side covers etc. Satin black just isn't for me. The tank needed a decent amount of bodywork anyways so I figured I'd just paint it up like I usually do with cars.

legitmw said:
Love that bubble visor

Yeah, I snagged it off ebay for like $20, fit's the biltwell helmet great!

gk45011 said:
Next update? Any progress?

Gary

Gary, thanks for asking. Fingers crossed I can shoot the clear tomorrow afternoon and I will post some photos of the paintwork then. Like I said before I think it's really worth it to wait for the end result to show y'all. I don't want to spoil it :) I did cut all the pieces for the oil sump today. My billet filler cap and -10 bungs should be here early next week and it'll be welded up then. The sump will fit inside the frame and clamp to it on either side.

DSC_5500_zps75429d0e.jpg

Need to trim the excess on the sides obviously.

Back
Top Bottom