Kawasaki FBG/Tracy h2b!!

Drewski

"Invictus Maneo" - I remain unvanquished!
DTT SUPPORTER
DTT BOTM WINNER
O'k, this might be a little obscure for you young uns ;) but does anyone out there remember Tracy Bodies for Honda, Kawi, and Suzuki bikes? ???

TracyH2005.jpg

Sick design, eh? Don't look at it too long... you might 'blow yer mind'! :D

I remember these from my youth and now I'm planning a new project based on this unit!

TracyH2001.jpg

Stay tuned!

TracyH2006.jpg

Should be fun! ::)

Re: Kawasaki Tracy H1/H2 Hybrid

Man, I hope you're going to keep the paint. I bet someone could bring the shine back to it. Would be a shame to cover all that way-cool 70's striping. Where'd you score the kit?

Tintin said:
Man, I hope you're going to keep the paint. I bet someone could bring the shine back to it. Would be a shame to cover all that way-cool 70's striping. Where'd you score the kit?

Oh you bet!! I'll buff it up and keep it as is! :eek: I need one of Dr.J's lids to go with it! ;) ;D

If my memory serves me, one of the cool features of these units was that every one built had a unique paint scheme. If you 'dare' look long enough, you'll notice that both sides are different, not symetrical!

Musta been smokin' somethin' good that day! ;) ::) ;D

I found it at Ontario Cycle Salvage in Scarborough. According to the fella I talked to, it belonged to the owner. He took it off his H2 around 20 years ago and there it sat. I'll have to chat with him to get the whole story.

Seriously? OCS had this? Man, I gotta go there more often. Was it lurking around in a corner somewhere?

Hope you got a screamin' deal on it - looks awesome.

Tintin said:
Seriously? OCS had this? Man, I gotta go there more often. Was it lurking around in a corner somewhere?

Hope you got a screamin' deal on it - looks awesome.

Ya, it's funny how these things happen! I was there looking for parts for my KZZXR Project and we got talkin about bikes in general and I said I had an H2. He said they had a Tracy Body in the back gathering dust and would I be interested in seeing it. WAS I?!

I checked it out in the dim light of the warehouse out back. It looked good but he wanted a 'fair' $ for it, so off I went.

I was back again a few weeks later for more parts, and looked at it again but for a second time, walked away. That was back in the late Fall last year.

A few weeks ago I was there once again but this time just to see it yet again. We pulled it out to see it in the light. I was walking out again when I turned around and bought it! I paid $500 including the fuel petcock and tail light. I think they were sold for around $300 'back in the day'. It's a bit of a collectable item, so it's hard to establish their real worth.

$500 isn't super cheap, but for what it is, it's a fair price IMHO especially if you love it. Like you say, the price on something like this all depends on the situation. Aren't enough of them being bought and sold to establish a solid price range.

:p Wow - can't wait to see this one! I've seen a few of those, but not that wild, reminds me of the custom vans from the "70's!

ford.jpg

Not mine (found on the web)

Nice find!

Any you see on ebay these days have a bad paint job and are scuffed up really bad.

patricke9 said:
:p Wow - can't wait to see this one! I've seen a few of those, but not that wild, reminds me of the custom vans from the "70's!

ford.jpg

Not mine (found on the web)

Yup... it's from the same era! ;D

78kz said:
Nice find!

Any you see on ebay these days have a bad paint job and are scuffed up really bad.

Ya, I've seen a few like you describe. This one's in pretty good shape.

This project will take some time to work out. I haven't figured out exactly which direction it's going to go!

I'm still looking to sell my other H2 to make room!

KawiProject06114.jpg

Any takers out there?? ::) :D

You should look into what sort of tank treatments are recommended for fibreglass tanks. Wouldn't want it to get ruined because gas got to the glass.

Tripler said:
The previous project was much easier to colour co-ordinate :eek:

Ha, ha, ha! ;D

Just ONE of the challenges this one will present! ;)

Tintin said:
You should look into what sort of tank treatments are recommended for fibreglass tanks. Wouldn't want it to get ruined because gas got to the glass.

Yup!

I couldn't believe how clean the tank and filler cap are! It looks like brand new inside! :-*

I've followed the various threads concerning fibreglass tanks and I'm going to have to revisit them to see exactly what to do about that.

HerrDeacon said:
I just wonder what he is going to wear while riding it????

I think something 'tie dyed' would be apropo! Platform sole riding boots? Really w i d e bellbottom jeans? Maybe a 'Dr.J Metalflake Special' helmet?

Seriously, I have a 'retro look' jacket that I think will do just fine!

Looking forward to seeing how that looks on a frame!

Ease said:
Looking forward to seeing how that looks on a frame!

Me too! ;D

Somebody buy my 'Green Machine' and we'll get this show on the road!

Drewski said:
I think something 'tie dyed' would be apropo! Platform sole riding boots? Really w i d e bellbottom jeans? Maybe a 'Dr.J Metalflake Special' helmet?

Seriously, I have a 'retro look' jacket that I think will do just fine!

I am sure you are old enough to have it all still hanging in your closet. ;D

Tripler said:
I am sure you are old enough to have it all still hanging in your closet. ;D

Nice. :D

Oh I'm old enough alright! Unfortunately, I only kept the old bike!!

Back
Top Bottom