CB360 box build - Project Junebug

It came in a box... First build 1974 CB360t

udu3y8u9.jpg

Can journals are janky, good thing this is the spare engine.
uba7upu3.jpg

I GIVE YOU: The revered post-recall cam chain tensioner:
7y6yseha.jpg

AND some miscellaneous shots
:
yga5aruh.jpg
re2a9aqu.jpg
mesydy7y.jpg

anyone wanna buy a bottom end? Gonna make sure the other one runs before I get rid of this guy

asyna5u8.jpg
What is this pitting an indicator of? I assume I need to replace it?

ha4usaju.jpg
. Replacing the faulty rocker arm with the corresponding one off the spare, but I'm running into trouble. The way they are installed is different. One goes in with simply a bolt all the way through the rocker arm, the other I can't figure out how to get out. There was a plug bolt, and under that plug, no obvious way to remove the rocker bolt.
4u8yquza.jpg

Figured it out... Guess which one has just been replaced??
aqa9u9er.jpg

atasy8am.jpg

PO assembled with cam a little retarded to the indicated timing. The first picture is with stator indicator at position LT, the lines on cam sprocket should be level with cylinder heads.
aqy6ynet.jpg

Thaaaaat's better

I made this little tool out of m3 bar stock, thought it was the right threading to thread into the push bar hole to perform the recall. It doesn't fit. Could someone point me in the right direction? The old cam chain tensioner looks fine, no unusual wear, might just run that and keep track of maintenance...
uby5upu9.jpg

Re: It came in a box... First build 1974 CB360t

Is the face of the tensioner slipper pretty decent. Hows the other side?

trek97 said:
Is the face of the tensioner slipper pretty decent. Hows the other side?

The non-recall one is like new. The one on the spare engine with the recall, it actually has a spot with a very small piece chunked out in one of the guide grooves. It is otherwise fine.

Nice, then so far so good. Looking like you got a pretty darn decent deal on the bike in a box.

trek97 said:
Nice, then so far so good. Looking like you got a pretty darn decent deal on the bike in a box.

I guess I'll just run the pre-recall part until it's dead

DesmoBro said:
Could one of those 3-D plastic printers make ones that would be useable?

I don't know squat about 3D printers but don't they use heat for the extruder?
Very doubtful printed parts would survive inside an air cooled engine?

While they do often use heat as an extruder, I think they also have compounds that mix and harden like an epoxy. They also can print in metals these days

Ain't technology great 8)

Got tires in. Some fat Bridgestone spitfires... Looks like they'll fit, but just. Got the front rim laced up, assembling the rear hub currently so I can lace up the rear and get this thing on wheels and get a feel for the look.

I love fat tires on these bikes...

e6u9e4ad.jpg
u3arasuj.jpg

Don't think your going to have any clearance for a fork brace with that tyre?

What model and size rubbers are those? I'm in the market for some one size up tires on my 360, current have a good pair of stock ties but they look tiny. I wonder if handing is improved when going from let's say a 100 rear to a 110? Crazy pj what do you think?

crazypj said:
Don't think your going to have any clearance for a fork brace with that tyre?

You know, I didn't really think about that when I bought the tire, I was gonna go with a trimmed down fender, but rigidity is important to me so I may have to fab up some kind of brace instead

And how's the clearance on the rear? Looks like it's already pretty close. Will the tire touch when the shocks are compressed?

Sonreir said:
And how's the clearance on the rear? Looks like it's already pretty close. Will the tire touch when the shocks are compressed?

Haven't gotten quite that far yet, just testing for side clearances... I'll let you know once I get this rear hub laced. I think it should be fine, but I was possibly going to buy new shocks anyways, so we'll see.

Gotta get the frame powdercoating done, I keep procrastinating on that.

CANT WAIT TO RIDE WITH MY DAWG AGAIN

5ypevy2y.jpg

plagrone said:
You know, I didn't really think about that when I bought the tire, I was gonna go with a trimmed down fender, but rigidity is important to me so I may have to fab up some kind of brace instead

It would be safer to get a 90/90 tyre.
Are you using stock rims or WM2/WM3?(or WM3/WM3)
Stock rims don't like bigger than 90/90 front and 110/90 rear

Back
Top Bottom