Yes another but all mine 75 CB360 Build

Hey man. This is C1ph3r from tacomaworld. Bikes looking good. i should start a build thread but i never seem to be able to keep up with them. You'rs is looking great. i too did the newb thing and tore everything apart. i did however get it idling before tear down. so that's something i guess.

C1ph3r said:
Hey man. This is C1ph3r from tacomaworld. Bikes looking good. i should start a build thread but i never seem to be able to keep up with them. You'rs is looking great. i too did the newb thing and tore everything apart. i did however get it idling before tear down. so that's something i guess.
Thanks man! Start a build anyway. Just post the big steps haha.
Yea i was excited to hear mine run before the engine tear down. As long as she purrs again all will be good with the world :)

Can somebody tell me why this bolt just spins. I can't seem to remove it.
5fba60cf5fc968c114ecc501c8048ae0.jpg

it connects the damper rod and that is spinning inside use your air impact gun 1/2" drive reduced to 3/8'' and a 6mm hex key it should buzz out once you hit the trigger a couple times
holding the fork extened tight will help putting the springs back in with caps up top can help as well
if all fails look in there with a flashlight sometimes a broomstick does the trick

xb33bsa said:
it connects the damper rod and that is spinning inside use your air impact gun 1/2" drive reduced to 3/8'' and a 6mm hex key it should buzz out once you hit the trigger a couple times
holding the fork extened tight will help putting the springs back in with caps up top can help as well
if all fails look in there with a flashlight sometimes a broomstick does the trick
Thanks man! I'll give it a go tomorrow. I appreciate the advice!

I had to make a tool for mine. I took a piece of threaded rod, attached a rubber damper from a shock mount between two bolts and two washers. The damper is the same size as the inside of my fork tube. I ground the end of the rod into a conical shape. Then I lightly tapped the rod into the bottom of the fork just enough to jam it into the hole in the damper rod. I used vice grips to hold the thread rod or you can make it a T.

deviant said:
I had to make a tool for mine. I took a piece of threaded rod, attached a rubber damper from a shock mount between two screws and two washers. The damper is the same size as the inside of my fork tube. I ground the end of the rod into a conical shape. Then I lightly tapped the rod into the bottom of the fork just enough to jam it into the hole in the damper rod. I used vice grips to hold the thread rod or you can make it a T.

Awesome thinking. If my impact gun doesn't work I'll try this. I have all the items you used laying around the garage. 8)

Hey man! Good progress! I still haven't completed mine either. Let's hope we can get them done before Barbers... Before you make a tool try just reassembling them, they can sometimes come out if the spring is in there applying pressure.

If your buddies advancer is also seized, I have a good spare. I switched to a pamco... Also, if you're worried about cam chain tensioners, Sonreir has recently started production on new ones, which is totally awesome.

Anyways, good luck, sir. Hope to see you and the bike at Barbers

Also, if you disassembled the advancer for cleaning, make sure to install the cam the right way in! It's sooper easy to install them 180 degrees out

plagrone said:
Hey man! Good progress! I still haven't completed mine either. Let's hope we can get them done before Barbers... Before you make a tool try just reassembling them, they can sometimes come out if the spring is in there applying pressure.

If your buddies advancer is also seized, I have a good spare. I switched to a pamco... Also, if you're worried about cam chain tensioners, Sonreir has recently started production on new ones, which is totally awesome.

Anyways, good luck, sir. Hope to see you and the bike at Barbers

plagrone said:
Also, if you disassembled the advancer for cleaning, make sure to install the cam the right way in! It's sooper easy to install them 180 degrees out

Good deal man. Yea my buddy has completely lost interest and told me to use whatever parts I need off of his. So basically I've ended up with two 360's haha. Unfortunately I won't be finished with her before Barber. My wife and I will be there though for sure. Hopefully you can get yours done. Good luck! We will catch up with you up there!
I'm ready to get out of this office, go home and do some wrenching!

Managed to get the allen bolt out. This seal isn't going to budge though. I'm afraid I've damaged things already.
664e07d7260f2e76449e6d6aa4602772.jpg

I bent the crap out of this...
06fcc94168ae24dedd01f740b527292c.jpg

done worry about that, it is the seal spring ,part of the seal itself which is going in the bin anyway
use the curled up end of a tire tool,place a piece of thin flatbar to keep from denting the lip and pry that seal sucker out
you can safely heat the ali up with a propain torch as well to help

did you get that bottom bolt tight with the impact? i have the same problem as of forever ago. Just havnt got around to fixing it yet.

cb360tj said:
did you get that bottom bolt tight with the impact? i have the same problem as of forever ago. Just havnt got around to fixing it yet.

I used the impact to remove it. I reinstalled the spring to put tension on it as the guys suggested then used the impact. Came right out. I haven't reinstalled the allen bolt yet though.

plagrone said:
It took me a week of frustration.
6e7367cdacde5e952d63bd8f1bd6bed7.jpg

Don't give up! You can pretty much burn that little bastard out

plagrone said:
And of course the other one just popped out no problem

Haha! I've got no problem burning the bastard out. Which seals did you use on yours? Where they stock seals? I bought a set of EZ seals from Brenden @ Common Motor Collective.

plagrone said:
I believe mine were made in Taiwan, but they seemed to be good quality
That's cool. Just curious is all.
Well thanks guys for your input. I finally got the seals out. Heat and tire tool did the trick.
Off to the powder coater is the next step.
c8032831c4d6db34fe16337dc4a22c89.jpg

Back
Top Bottom