82' KZ440 Cafe' Brat Build: Carb tuning & exhaust fly by!

Re: 82' KZ440 Build: Together & Running: Exhaust build pg 6

See, the 440ltd DOES have a much more severe angle to its drop seat. Here's a brutally terrible Microsoft Paint mock-up of a 440ltd with the seat modified the way that example you posted shows.

https://picasaweb.google.com/108643491684043310035/August302012#5782577856976491506

It is at much more of an angle and possibly longer. But still determined to see how it works. The drawing you provided gives a rough idea.

Bike pictured is a W650

Cool man. Best of luck to you on that.

M.B Co said:
It is at much more of an angle and possibly longer. But still determined to see how it works. The drawing you provided gives a rough idea.

Bike pictured is a W650

shooter janes said:
Cool man. Best of luck to you on that.

Ha, thanks. If I get more than just a few hours to work on it. It could be done this year
lol.png

Re: 82' KZ440 Build: All apart again

New harness almost done. Found some new locations for some items. Pictures/Update soon

For the price....yes

For the time, head ache and trial and error of getting it running right...Eh, I would say so.

Idles great, mid range is there and responsive, and seems top end 5K to 9K is there. Granted, I've only put 5-10 miles on after the jet.

I see you are a 440 kz'er with the dreaded ltd back end. I as as well as you am frustrated with the rear end and want the more flat seat. I just finished welding straight metal bars across dip section of the rear subframe. I've seen it done on other bikes and they turn out great. If you go to my link you can see my progress. I think it's under 81 Kawasaki kz 440 cafe racer build. If that's not the route your looking for, you can always flip your build sell it for the cost of a regular kz440 with out the drop frame. Anyways your bike looks really good.

Thought that as well but not for me. I have a plan in my head that I am working on and will accomplish it. Being my first build might as well work with what I got and make it work.

No real progress yet. Collecting parts until I have everything I need. Lot's of things to do this winter. So I will spread it out. When I work, I tend to jump from project to project and want as many parts and items to do at once.

8262236842_319f236392_z.jpg

Again, no real progress. Waiting on parts, still have things to order. Organized random junk.

8319759086_df34f83ba4_z.jpg

8318703247_205126a257_z.jpg

8319762328_679bd0ec0b_z.jpg

Rebuilt my master cly. New paint, started to polish cover

8319766382_107846a241_z.jpg

8319767366_161eb47083_z.jpg

My junk

8318707359_a95d765015_c.jpg

Just removal of more items.

Started drawing out my own wiring diagram.

Lower before. Needs cleaning and paint

8358201300_1c9ec7ed6c_z.jpg

Fork off

8358204192_f23933cf75_z.jpg

I need to build a table.

8357139785_f3d39ee402_z.jpg

What's a good throttle tube assy that would work nicely? I'm getting rid of the stock throttle/kill/start

Re: 82' KZ440 Build: Progress!!!

Some progress finally. I have the motivation to get something done.

Parts:
-Clip Ons
-7" DCC Headlight (will upgrade to 3000K HID, already replaced the city light w/ amber LED)
- Oregon Motorcycle Reg/Rect
- Blade Fuse box
- Building all new custom harness
- New updated controls from DCC
- New brakes front and rear from Z1
- New sprockets from Z1

Untitled by MBCo, on Flickr

Need to build my new battery box. Either on the swing arm or mounted sideways on the battery tray that I also need to make.

Polished levers, dry fitting bars, controls, light etc...

Good fitment, m/c is angled slightly up.

Front signals may not stay there. I don't like how close it is to the m/c. Lines and switch clear just fine though.

New dashboard. Going super simple with just a speedo. Custom one sided mount makes it nice and tidy.

Finally cut off the remaining tabs I didn't need. Stock hinges for the seat and the helmet hook are gone now

New rear hoop support will be made

Does look good with a gauge.
-Got some mess on the tank from the stock seat rubbing against it for 30+ years. Tried removing it but no go. New retro paint will be thrown on the tank as well.

Wow man, I haven't been on in awhile but you have been busy! Keep up the good work.

Shermanator86 said:
Wow man, I haven't been on in awhile but you have been busy! Keep up the good work.

Thanks. It's been slow for sure. But after it's done it will be worth it.

Since I did all the engine work last year, all I have to do is stab it in the frame after it's round of work and paint.

Any progress on yours?

M.B Co said:
Thanks. It's been slow for sure. But after it's done it will be worth it.

Since I did all the engine work last year, all I have to do is stab it in the frame after it's round of work and paint.

Any progress on yours?

Didn't get anything done on mine this winter, seemed to spend all my garage time fixing little things on my truck. Just got my new carb and intake boots in yesterday going back to dual carbs now.

Back
Top Bottom